How long for EAD and AOS?

My wife and stepchild are scheduled for Biometrics next month. They had previously been a K1 & K2 and that has expired; however, within the 90 days we filed for AOS and EAD. They received notice to schedule a Biometrics for each application. When do they get an interview? Isn't there a regulation that if it is over 90 days for filing the EAD it can be approved just on the time? thanks for replies

I'll share my experience on this. When you're talking about the interview, I assume you're talking about the AOS interview.

Biometrics are an interim step. If you believe the notices, AOS processing is suspended until you complete the biometrics, after which you should receive another NOA indicating that biometrics have been completed and processing of the AOS has resumed.

We filed locally in Atlanta and were assigned an MSC number. My step son just received his appointment letter from the local office. The on-line status check was a joke - it bore no relation to reality in terms of processing times. However, we pre-dated the centralized AOS filing, so I don't know how it's being handled today. Maybe someone else can shed some light on how interviews are being scheduled these days.

Like you, we filed for EAD at the same time as AOS. After 90 days expired, we made an appointment with the local office, went down, did the wait a long time thing and eventually were given a temporary EAD.

Biometrics are an interim step. If you believe the notices, AOS processing is suspended until you complete the biometrics, after which you should receive another NOA indicating that biometrics have been completed and processing of the AOS has resumed.

You mean they will mail another notice to indicate that biometrics have been completed after the biometrics step is completed. About how long should we receive that NOA after biometrics and prints are done? Thanks!

Biometrics are an interim step.  If you believe the notices, AOS processing is suspended until you complete the biometrics, after which you should receive another NOA indicating that biometrics have been completed and processing of the AOS has resumed.

You mean they will mail another notice to indicate that biometrics have been completed after the biometrics step is completed. About how long should we receive that NOA after biometrics and prints are done? Thanks!

137025[/snapback]

After recieving your I-797 receipt notice of the I-485, Call the NCSC, 1-800-375-5283 and press 1-2-3 to get the appointment clerk. They will set the appointment up for you.

Go to the appointment with documents called for including the receipt notice. After fingerprinting is done, the IO will stamp the receipt notice and hand it back to you. You will receive nothing else until you receive the I-797C appointment notice for I-485 interview.

That's how it worked for us. Oh yeah, and ignore any cancellations that might befall you!... :lol:

After recieving your I-797 receipt notice of the I-485, Call the NCSC, 1-800-375-5283 and press 1-2-3 to get the appointment clerk. They will set the appointment up for you.

Go to the appointment with documents called for including the receipt notice. After fingerprinting is done, the IO will stamp the receipt notice and hand it back to you. You will receive nothing else until you receive the I-797C appointment notice for I-485 interview.

That's how it worked for us. Oh yeah, and ignore any cancellations that might befall you!... ;)

137031[/snapback]

I-797 is the receipt notice of I-485, and I-797C is the appointment notice for I-485 interview. As for I-129F (K-1), I-797C is the receipt notice, and I-797 is the approval notice, right?

That's how it worked for us. Oh yeah, and ignore any cancellations that might befall you!... ;)

137031[/snapback]

I-797 is the receipt notice of I-485, and I-797C is the appointment notice for I-485 interview. As for I-129F (K-1), I-797C is the receipt notice, and I-797 is the approval notice, right?

137320[/snapback]

there, yyp. I fixed the 'quotes' for you..... ;)

Pertaining to your question, you are correct, not to mention thorough!

I didn't think anyone would catch it.

I thought about that last night when I was posting here but was too lazy to get up to look and see. But that's right; the I-797C is the receipt notice and the I-797 is the approval notice and I guess that's for everybody in any visa catogory.

Good luck on your AOS.

Biometrics are an interim step.  If you believe the notices, AOS processing is suspended until you complete the biometrics, after which you should receive another NOA indicating that biometrics have been completed and processing of the AOS has resumed.

137025[/snapback]

My bad. No notice was mailed, but the on-line status check gave the update to the effect that biometrics had been completed and processing resumed. Sorry about that.

• 5 weeks later...

My lady has her SS# already from previous time in the US. I understand she will keep the number but she will not be able to work without approval.

We will try for her to arrive in US via JFK for the 90 day EAD stamp. does anyone know how long to get her approval for EAD to work until her green card?

My lady has her SS# already from previous time in the US. I understand she will keep the number but she will not be able to work without approval.

We will try for her to arrive in  US via JFK for the 90 day EAD stamp. does anyone know how long to get her approval for EAD to work until her green card?

147426[/snapback]

Two months...NOA1 to receipt of card...Filed through Chicago lock Box, Fingerprints and Biometrics Seattle local DHS :angel: