Making an appointment for AOS

Made my 4th call for fingerprint appointment today.

1st call, was told no appointments available. Call back tomorrow at 8AM.

2nd call, called at 8:15 (oops) no appointments available

3rd call, called from work. What's her A number?? (first time they asked that - didn't have it.

Todays call:

"Hello, I want to make an appointment"

"what is the A number"

"A123456789"

"is this for you?"

"no, my wife"

"what is her name"

I tell her my wifes name

"is she there?"

"yes"

"I need to hear her say her name" ?!?!?

My friggin grandmother could have said her name and the USCIS would have been happy. GOOD THING THAT THE USCIS IS LOOKING OUT FOR OUR PRIVACY, even after I gave them her name and A number!!

"what is your zip code"

"93036"

"sorry, we don't have any appointments"

"what about zip code 91401?"

"sorry, we don't have any appointments for that zip code either"

"so how do I get an appointment??"

"call back tomorrow at 8AM"

"but I just did that today!!"

"I'm sorry but appointments can only be made 42 days in advance and there aren't any available. We are aware of the problem. If you call tomorrow, that will be one day in the future and there may be an appointment available."

To say disgraceful is a gross understatement!!!!

Even if they only have one half dead federal employee at each office, it can only take 5 minutes for a digital photo and fingerprints. That's 60 per day (ooops, O.K. federal worker, make that 50 per day). That's 2100 appointments pending. At $85 a pop that's $178,500. That's a yearly income of (50 per day times 260 days per year times $85) OVER A MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!

You would think that our govt would be in a hurry to collect it's million dollars instead of dragging it out a month or two at a time.

Oh wait, they need the million dollars to pay for all those 800 number phone calls on hold for 30 minutes!!! Now I get it!!!! :lol:

Steve,

Did they ask for the ASC code?

That is what I was asked each time. The first time, they sent me to Charleston, WV. Quite a long drive. The 2nd time, last month, they let me choose either Charleston or Norfolk, VA. I picked the latter!

Can you get a different location maybe for the fingerprints?

Well Steve, if they don't get you coming, they get you going. After AOS was filed for Jingwen and the kids, we got the notice to call for the biometrics appointment. Absolutely no problem and we got in within a few weeks. All the good that did since the wait for the AOS interview at that time was 2+ years in Atlanta. My step son is still waiting to go to his interview - currently scheduled for September.

Steve,

Did they ask for the ASC code?

That is what I was asked each time. The first time, they sent me to Charleston, WV. Quite a long drive. The 2nd time, last month, they let me choose either Charleston or Norfolk, VA. I picked the latter!

Can you get a different location maybe for the fingerprints?

136822[/snapback]

TYWY: the ASC code is

1 for fingerprint

2 for photo and

3 for both

There are 3 or 4 places I can go for these but 2 of the operators said that when they are backed up the full 42 days, then all of the local ones will have no appointments. One of them in fact said that all of CA was "booked".

Well Steve, if they don't get you coming, they get you going.  After AOS was filed for Jingwen and the kids, we got the notice to call for the biometrics appointment.  Absolutely no problem and we got in within a few weeks.  All the good that did since the wait for the AOS interview at that time was 2+ years in Atlanta.  My step son is still waiting to go to his interview - currently scheduled for September.

136825[/snapback]

Frank: I did check the expected time for several cities. Some are only 1 or 2 months out and most were 3 to 4 months, but Atlanta was the "winner" at 2+ years!!

Equal justice under the law? Maybe, but it sure gets doled out differently depending on where you live!!!

Well Steve, if they don't get you coming, they get you going.  After AOS was filed for Jingwen and the kids, we got the notice to call for the biometrics appointment.  Absolutely no problem and we got in within a few weeks.  All the good that did since the wait for the AOS interview at that time was 2+ years in Atlanta.  My step son is still waiting to go to his interview - currently scheduled for September.

136825[/snapback]

Frank: I did check the expected time for several cities. Some are only 1 or 2 months out and most were 3 to 4 months, but Atlanta was the "winner" at 2+ years!!

Equal justice under the law? Maybe, but it sure gets doled out differently depending on where you live!!!

136922[/snapback]

Just checked UCIS online BS page. Atlanta is processing I-485s from August 2003-only a scant 23 months wait time and certainly seems to be deserving of the too F$##in' long trophy. HOWEVER, Memphis is stuck at March of 2003--that makes the wait an even 28 months and gives the folks from TN the halffast lifetime achievement award!!!! :lol: :P

I don't get this????

My friend applied for AOS in April. Two weeks ago she got an appointment letter in the mail for 7/29. Last Tuesday she did the biometric fingerprints also by appointment received in the mail. She came into U.S. on K-1 2/8/05.

Are we all talking about the same thing?

I don't get this????

My friend applied for AOS in April. Two weeks ago she got an appointment letter in the mail for 7/29. Last Tuesday she did the biometric fingerprints also by appointment received in the mail. She came into U.S. on K-1 2/8/05.

Are we all talking about the same thing?

136930[/snapback]

????? She was K1 filing for a I-485 ?????

Our notice date was July 7 and after reading the notice front to back twice, there is absolutely nothing about getting an appointment by mail!

It only says to call. Maybe I will write them (and enclose a copy of the notice as requested) and tell them I have called repeatedly and cannot get an appointment. Hmmmmmmmm . . . . . . .

B)