I've seen various references to the K visas being faster than the R visas, and I'm trying to find out some definite info on this.

• Are the K visas faster only if you file in the States? What if you do DCF?
  • Is the whole thing faster, or just parts of it? I.e., from P3 to P4 is it about the same amount of time, or longer?
  • If K visas are quicker, why? Seems like if you're married, they'd consider your relationship to be more legit and long-term (just talking about from the perception of consular officials).
  • And if the P3-P4 time is quicker for K visas, why? Especially considering that the Affadivat of Support (I-134) for K visas is valid for a year, whereas that for R visas (I-864) is only valid for 6 months.

In order of speed to get a chinese beneficiary to the US, here is my take, fastest to slowest:

1) DCF through embassy other than Guangzhou (ie: HK, Sydney)

2) DCF through mainland China (Guangzhou)

3) K1 in states

4) K3/CR1 in states ; this flip flops and even differs by case or visa center a bit. Sometimes K3 is faster; sometimes CR1 is faster. If either one has a bump in the road, then that's a good reason to have done both.

Visa Centers, fastest to slowest: (one and four are certain)

1) Vermont

2) California

3) Texas

4) Nebraska

Edited to clarify: A K3/CR1 through Vermont is faster than a K1 through Nebraska.. so there are two variables: The visa center and visa type.

But generally, at same visa center, follow first order above...

P3 to P4 stage:

Once it gets to the consulate, it is supposedly the same time for everyone, even if you are a DCF. It's just that DCF gets through the initial processing faster, thus gets to the P3 stage faster.

Re: K visas being quicker.. this was just discussed in another thread...

Here it is:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11473

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Here's my take on [recent] times..

DCF, HK = 5-7 months

DCF, GUZ = 6-9 months

K1, VSC = 8-9 months

K1, CSC = 10-12 months

K1, TSC = 11-12 months

K1, NSC = 12-14 months

K3/CR1, VSC = 11-12 months

K3/CR1, CSC = 12-15 months

K3/CR1, TSC = 13-16 months

K3/CR1, NSC = 14-17 months

136821[/snapback]

I concur with David. He's right on.

great stuff David, keep it going man, but take a break once in while. :P (pot calling the kettle black.)

Guest ShaQuaNew
Here's my take on [recent] times..

DCF, HK = 5-7 months

DCF, GUZ = 6-9 months

K1, VSC = 8-9 months

K1, CSC = 10-12 months

K1, TSC = 11-12 months

K1, NSC = 12-14 months

K3/CR1, VSC = 11-12 months

K3/CR1, CSC = 12-15 months

K3/CR1, TSC = 13-16 months

K3/CR1, NSC = 14-17 months

136821[/snapback]

I concur with David. He's right on.

great stuff David, keep it going man, but take a break once in while. :P (pot calling the kettle black.)

136833[/snapback]

Very good summary....thanks....okay, here's a question for you....

What's the deal with the TSC? Since I live in Florida, I am geographically predisposed to go through TSC. So, I did...then, what did they do....they sent my application to CSC. So, what's up with that? Does that mean that the TSC is now out of the loop for processing my application and it will be completely processed by CSC? Or, will it somehow be passed back and forth between the two making a crazy fun matrix to follow in timelines.... :blink:

;) :D

TSC, THC, XTC... all take lead you to the same place. nowhere. :unsure: :blink: :D :P

CSC was the slowest until the reduction act was implimented. CSC started approving I-130's in a few weeks, instead of a full year +. (That was summertime last year.) By doing that, they force the CR-1. The responsibility for the K3's changed hands from USCIS to NVC. They really never "reduced" the visa back log, they just gave it to somebody else. Now they (USCIS) wants even more $$$ (like 78 million) so they can continue pushing the backlog through the system. You could probably get a pretty nice plunger or even a diamond studded mop for 78 mil.

in spite of the delays, there is light at the end on the tunnel, keep confident that you and your SO will be together in the end........

Guest ShaQuaNew
TSC, THC, XTC... all take lead you to the same place. nowhere. :unsure:  :blink:  :D  :P

136850[/snapback]

Question is Mengxin, whether or not the THC / XTC supply will hold up..... :P :o

...wait, that is a place in Texas right? CA???

What's the deal with the TSC? Since I live in Florida, I am geographically predisposed to go through TSC. So, I did...then, what did they do....they sent my application to CSC. So, what's up with that? Does that mean that the TSC is now out of the loop for processing my application and it will be completely processed by CSC? Or, will it somehow be passed back and forth between the two making a crazy fun matrix to follow in timelines.... :blink:

:o  :unsure:

136838[/snapback]

You got a "WAC #" , yes? It should be in CSC hands and they will process and pass off to NVC.

Guest ShaQuaNew
What's the deal with the TSC? Since I live in Florida, I am geographically predisposed to go through TSC. So, I did...then, what did they do....they sent my application to CSC. So, what's up with that?
This should help you understand the government's logic: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6334 :unsure:

136875[/snapback]

Wow....Frank, just got home from work to rest my brain..........Let's see......I think I got it now...

If my father's father, was your brothers uncles sister, and your uncles cousin went to Texas for the weekend....then it may be likely that my brother, who is now living in California...might just get that telephone call he's been expecting from our Aunt Esther.........

Is that right?

What's the deal with the TSC? Since I live in Florida, I am geographically predisposed to go through TSC. So, I did...then, what did they do....they sent my application to CSC. So, what's up with that?
This should help you understand the government's logic: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6334 :unsure:

136875[/snapback]

I ran across that one day in a search.. laughed for a long time.. that should go into a CFL hall of fame for posts !

Guest ShaQuaNew
You got a "WAC #" , yes? It should be in CSC hands and they will process and pass off to NVC.

136874[/snapback]

Yes...I got a number....it actually and truly starts off...

WACOxxxxxxxxx

well, it might be a 0 rather than an O but it still looks crazy to me...

Guest ShaQuaNew
This should help you understand the government's logic: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6334 :lol:

136875[/snapback]

I ran across that one day in a search.. laughed for a long time.. that should go into a CFL hall of fame for posts !

136881[/snapback]

Three thumbs up to the HALL OF FAME POST for Frank's link!!!!!!!

I've seen various references to the K visas being faster than the R visas, and I'm trying to find out some definite info on this.

•  

• Are the K visas faster only if you file in the States?  What if you do DCF?

• Is the whole thing faster, or just parts of it?  I.e., from P3 to P4 is it about the same amount of time, or longer?

• If K visas are quicker, why?  Seems like if you're married, they'd consider your relationship to be more legit and long-term (just talking about from the perception of consular officials).

• And if the P3-P4 time is quicker for K visas, why?  Especially considering that the Affadivat of Support (I-134) for K visas is valid for a year, whereas that for R visas (I-864) is only valid for 6 months.

136811[/snapback]

First of all thanks for bringing up that old thread Frank. It is just as funny the second time around and well deserving of the hall of fame.

To add a little to Chinashawn's thread. DCF is the fastest. The catch which I am surprised no one else mentioned is you have to have the Chinese equivelant of a green card to file one. A visa that allows you to legally live and work in China. Hard to get unless you are transfered to China to work on a project of your company's for instance. Otherwise you must file an I-130 if you are marred or I-129F if single.

Married lends no additional credibility to the validity of the relationship since scammers would do just that if indeed it was.

It has been debated here before which is better, K=1 or K-3. Timelines vary but it is usually a wash. K-3 visas tend to be a little slower than I-130s but not always, It ebbs and flows so it would be better to have both bases covered should you decide to get married and file the I-129 F along with the I-130. In my oppinion the K-1 offers more benefits. It is often faster than K-3 and it gives you the option of changing your mind once she is here in the first 90 days. It is also easier to change her name to her married name and you can get her a Social Security Number faster. It is also a little cheap3er and less hassle in the long run.