AOS achieved!

Just got back from DC. My wife got her I-551 stamp in passport good for one year. Her 10 yr. GC will come in the mail. On the stamp the IO wrote "IR6" in the catagory blank. I haven't looked it up to see what a 6 is. Maybe someone knows? The IO was a young fellow from LA. He said he was sent to the DC office to help with the heavy backlog they have. I told him we've been waiting a long time for this day. He took my I-864 and returns. That's all he took. He asked a few questions. I asked if he could do my stepdaughter's AOS. He looked it up and it wasn't on the computer. He said he would do it if it was there.

All went well with the appointment. We were in and out in an hour. I want to thank 001 for some info my wife read about AOS and cancellation notices.

And Washington DC was great. We saw the White House, Lincoln and Washington monuments. The WWII, Korean, and Vietnam war memorials was cool too!, as was the Library of Congress, the U.S. Supreme Court and we toured the Capitol bldg. All these things I saw made me feel proud to be an American!! They are all awesome sights! :smartass:

P.S.- The Capitol Police did get after my wife yesterday!... All I could say to her was, "I told you so,,,you just wouldn't listen to me,,your American husband!"... :stupid:

As things are now, when the authorities say jump! You say how high!?...:D

Chalk up another success.  Glad the cancellation thing didn't screw things up.  One down, one to go.  Incidentally, what did your wife do to the Capitol Police? :unsure:

136468[/snapback]

Yesterday morning it was announced on the Metro subway that the threat alert was raised to orange. Shortly after, we saw security personell patroling the stations with machine guns.

About my wife's "episode" at the Capitol, as we all in the group were being "processed" to go in, my wife had an empty water bottle in her carry bag. These items are not allowed in, as mentioned on the letter we got with the tickets. Before getting in line, I told my wife she should get rid of that bottle. She said no, I keep it in my bag. I was saying to myself, O.K. if she doesn't want to listen to me, than she'll sure have to listen to them!...

Well, we had to run our things thru the x-ray machine. One of the officers was saying to us all no bottles or food allowed. I looked at my wife and said, "you see? Not allowed!" So, she takes the bottle and sets it way over on a chair as we all were in line. About that time, an officer shouted, "M' am, pick that bottle up now and throw it away outside!..M'am!" Everybody was looking. She was so embarassed!...lol

I think because of that, they really searched her bag good, holding the line up! They found some cookies in her bag and made her throw those away! I felt sorry for her, NOT!...:lol:

I was amazed that the officer even seen her put that bottle there! I guess that's what they are trained for. I was even more amazed that my wife did that!... :unsure:

Just got back from DC. My wife got her I-551 stamp in passport good for one year. Her 10 yr. GC will come in the mail. On the stamp the IO wrote "IR6" in the catagory blank. I haven't looked it up to see what a 6 is. Maybe someone knows? The IO was a young fellow from LA. He said he was sent to the DC office to help with the heavy backlog they have. I told him we've been waiting a long time for this day. He took my I-864 and returns. That's all he took. He asked a few questions. I asked if he could do my stepdaughter's AOS. He looked it up and it wasn't on the computer. He said he would do it if it was there.

All went well with the appointment. We were in and out in an hour. I want to thank 001 for some info my wife read about AOS and cancellation notices.

And Washington DC was great. We saw the White House, Lincoln and Washington monuments. The WWII, Korean, and Vietnam war memorials was cool too!, as was the Library of Congress, the U.S. Supreme Court and we toured the Capitol bldg. All these things I saw made me feel proud to be an American!! They are all awesome sights! :unsure:

P.S.- The Capitol Police did get after my wife yesterday!... All I could say to her was, "I told you so,,,you just wouldn't listen to me,,your American husband!"... :lol:

As things are now, when the authorities say jump! You say how high!?...:unsure:

136447[/snapback]

wish you had contacted me, my brother is a US Capitol Police officer, but more so, so we could have connected, I work in Fairfax County and live in Loudoun County, would have been great to meet and swap stories...

Chalk up another success.  Glad the cancellation thing didn't screw things up.  One down, one to go.  Incidentally, what did your wife do to the Capitol Police? :lol:

136468[/snapback]

Yesterday morning it was announced on the Metro subway that the threat alert was raised to orange. Shortly after, we saw security personell patroling the stations with machine guns.

About my wife's "episode" at the Capitol, as we all in the group were being "processed" to go in, my wife had an empty water bottle in her carry bag. These items are not allowed in, as mentioned on the letter we got with the tickets. Before getting in line, I told my wife she should get rid of that bottle. She said no, I keep it in my bag. I was saying to myself, O.K. if she doesn't want to listen to me, than she'll sure have to listen to them!...

Well, we had to run our things thru the x-ray machine. One of the officers was saying to us all no bottles or food allowed. I looked at my wife and said, "you see? Not allowed!" So, she takes the bottle and sets it way over on a chair as we all were in line. About that time, an officer shouted, "M' am, pick that bottle up now and throw it away outside!..M'am!" Everybody was looking. She was so embarassed!...lol

I think because of that, they really searched her bag good, holding the line up! They found some cookies in her bag and made her throw those away! I felt sorry for her, NOT!...:lol:

I was amazed that the officer even seen her put that bottle there! I guess that's what they are trained for. I was even more amazed that my wife did that!... :huh:

136525[/snapback]

Littering in the Capitol Building?!? tsk tsk tsk :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe your "suggestions" will carry a little more weight now!!! :lol: