Letter to President Bush

I encourage each of our 239 members to either copy and paste parts to make your own letter or compose your own letter, but I would like to see 239 posts saying that you sent your letter.

Mr. President,

This concerns our K-1 visa application which was approved in interview at the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, China, on August 8, 2002 (Xxx, xxx - case number GUZxxxxxxxxxx). I have contacted the State Department concerning the status of our long and excruciating delay. They could not tell me when the name check might be cleared. The person at the State Department said that I could only contact the state department, and the state department must wait until it is contacted by the FBI/CIA, and that the state department cannot contact the FBI/CIA and ask about the status of my case. My question is, ''How do I get around this double-speak and find out my individual case status? Is my government ever going to allow my fiancee to come home to me?'' I just want to know when my fiancee will be cleared so the consulate at Guangzhou can issue her visa to come home to this great country so we can be together again after almost a year and a half of waiting.

My fiancée and I have been waiting since late 2001 to be together again. Since you are a family man, just maybe you can imagine our frustration of not knowing when we may ever be together. I think xxx is one very special woman to have wait so long for me and to still (so far) have at least a small amount of faith remaining in the U.S. government's willingness to allow us to live together as husband and wife. I try to keep her spirit up and her faith alive with daily communication, but we often wonder how long our government will continue to keep us apart.

I met my future wife's family in October, 2001. They are very nice people, and I can assure you that none are potential threats to our country. I agree with you that we should protect our borders, but please let our families in. Wives should be with husbands. Try to imagine when you proposed to Laura; how would you feel if your country did not allow you to be with her for a year and a half and counting? Would your love have been strong enough to have stood such a test? Our love is, and that is why you must allow us to be reunited.

I know you have your hands full with Iraq, but I have even more concern that xxx and I can be reunited before the war starts. War is a time when family needs to be together if at all possible. I am also concerned that war may further complicate her being issued a visa. Mr. President, we are not at war with my fiancee's country. Quite to the contrary, China is one of our friends. So why don't you clear her name and issue her already-approved visa which she has been patiently awaiting since last August?

Officials of the Guangzhou Consulate have informed me that this already-approved visa, which has now been awaiting issuance for almost 6 months, cannot be issued until Ms. xxx's security background namecheck is cleared by the FBI/CIA. I have also been told the same by officials of the Department of State - Bureau of Consular Affairs. In summary, officials at both of those institutions have informed me that they cannot do anything else to assist my fiancee and I with issuance of this visa until the namecheck is completed, and they have been notified that Ms. Han's name has been cleared.

I would appreciate it if you would have a member of your staff look into this matter, let me know the current status of Ms. xxx's namecheck, and bring my wife home.

I sincerely appreciate your time, and your consideration of this request.

xxxx xxxxxx

xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com

xxx-xxx-xxxx

I encourage each of our 239 members to either copy and paste parts to make your own letter or compose your own letter, but I would like to see 239 posts saying that you sent your letter.

Mr. President,

This concerns our K-1 visa application which was approved in interview at the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, China, on August 8, 2002  (Xxx, xxx - case number GUZxxxxxxxxxx).  I have contacted the State Department concerning the status of our long and excruciating delay.  They could not tell me when the name check might be cleared.  The person at the State Department said that I could only contact the state department, and the state department must wait until it is contacted by the FBI/CIA, and that the state department cannot contact the FBI/CIA and ask about the status of my case. My question is, ''How do I get around this double-speak and find out my individual case status?  Is my government ever going to allow my fiancee to come home to me?''  I just want to know when my fiancee will be cleared so the consulate at Guangzhou can issue her visa to come home to this great country so we can be together again after almost a year and a half of waiting.

My fiancée and I have been waiting since late 2001 to be together again. Since you are a family man, just maybe you can imagine our frustration of not knowing when we may ever be together.  I think xxx is one very special woman to have wait so long for me and to still (so far) have at least a small amount of faith remaining in the U.S. government's willingness to allow us to live together as husband and wife.  I try to keep her spirit up and her faith alive with daily communication, but we often wonder how long our government will continue to keep us apart.  

I met my future wife's family in October, 2001.  They are very nice people, and I can assure you that none are potential threats to our country.  I agree with you that we should protect our borders, but please let our families in.  Wives should be with husbands.  Try to imagine when you proposed to Laura; how would you feel if your country did not allow you to be with her for a year and a half and counting? Would your love have been strong enough to have stood such a test?  Our love is, and that is why you must allow us to be reunited.

I know you have your hands full with Iraq, but I have even more concern that xxx and I can be reunited before the war starts.  War is a time when family needs to be together if at all possible.  I am also concerned that war may further complicate her being issued a visa.  Mr. President, we are not at war with my fiancee's country.  Quite to the contrary, China is one of our friends.  So why don't you clear her name and issue her already-approved visa which she has been patiently awaiting since last August?

Officials of the Guangzhou Consulate have informed me that this already-approved visa, which has now been awaiting issuance for almost 6 months, cannot be issued until Ms. xxx's security background namecheck is cleared by the FBI/CIA. I have also been told the same by officials of the Department of State - Bureau of Consular Affairs. In summary, officials at both of those institutions have informed me that they cannot do anything else to assist my fiancee and I with issuance of this visa until the namecheck is completed, and they have been notified that Ms. Han's name has been cleared.

I would appreciate it if you would have a member of your staff look into this matter, let me know the current status of Ms. xxx's namecheck, and bring my wife home.

I sincerely appreciate your time, and your consideration of this request.

xxxx xxxxxx

xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com

xxx-xxx-xxxx

AZ

Nice letter..

However... Laura I do not think was /is a foreign national..

China is indeed a friend, for most of people... But China is indeed on a watch list for/by our gov't As is Russia etc.. ( that's why SAO's are there like it or not ) ... I would say, if I may, suggest... China, correct me if I wrong , Mr President, is not a known terrorist sponsor, and no Chinese nationals ever committed terrorirst acts on our soil or against our interests or citizens.

Just a suggestion AZ , so the facts can be stated....

But a lil' emotion does not hurt either.

The letter is good overall. Good job.

And don't assume G. knows what the heck a K1 visa is.... I had no idea prior to Nov2001 myself

Laura may not be a foreign national, but she is his wife. I just like him to realize how lucky he was that he was allowed to be with her after he proposed to her and how he might have felt if this country had not allowed them to be together. Who knows who might read this for him anyway?

I do like this line: "China, correct me if I wrong , Mr President, is not a known terrorist sponsor, and no Chinese nationals ever committed terrorirst acts on our soil or against our interests or citizens."

Laura may not be a foreign national, but she is his wife.  I just like him to realize how lucky he was that he was allowed to be with her after he proposed to her and how he might have felt if this country had not allowed them to be together.  Who knows who might read this for him anyway?

I do like this line:  "China, correct me if I wrong , Mr President, is not a known terrorist sponsor, and no Chinese nationals ever committed terrorirst acts on our soil or against our interests or citizens."

My reference to Laura was to say that, as much as the system is FUBAR, we do not need authorization or clearance to marry any USC..Well, we don't actually need a OK you can marry a Chinese, but we do need the " OK, she is not a terrorist..you can bring her here "

That is all I meant by that

Hopefully, his staff will understand what I meant. Meanwhile, the other 238 of us can edit this to make the idea more clearly presented. My one email will likely not be noticed by the president, but if all of us send him mail he may take some notice or at least send an order to the appropriate officers.

Hopefully, his staff will understand what I meant.  Meanwhile, the other 238 of us can edit this to make the idea more clearly presented.  My one email will likely not be noticed by the president, but if all of us send him mail he may take some notice or at least send an order to the appropriate officers.

There was no need for the "other 238 of us" comment really.

I said I liked the letter framework.

Sorry Eric, I did not mean to offend you or any other members. I realize that there are many of us taking a proactive stand. My comment was really directed at those of us who, for whatever reason are still passive. Perhaps I should not have put in that number, but I wanted those who are idle to realize that they are not alone, that there are more than 200 of us all in the same situation. I withdraw the comment. If there is a way, tell me and I will edit it out.

Sorry Eric, I did not mean to offend you or any other members. I realize that there are many of us taking a proactive stand. My comment was really directed at those of us who, for whatever reason are still passive. Perhaps I should not have put in that number, but I wanted those who are idle to realize that they are not alone, that there are more than 200 of us all in the same situation. I withdraw the comment. If there is a way, tell me and I will edit it out.

Don't sweat it....

For a moment, I thought you hated me.... :lol: ;)

You're just frustrated like I am.... But I am not passive....Today, I found out that GZ didn't BS me this time... The namecheck is indeed active .. wohooo !!!!

How sad. Now I am getting excited just because the system has NOT lost the case.....Bet I'm gonna actually faint when the visa does come,

For a moment, I thought you hated me.... ;)  ;)

You're just frustrated like I am....  But I am not passive....Today, I found out that GZ didn't BS me this time... The namecheck is indeed active .. wohooo !!!!

Nobody who is knocking on the 1300 blue thingy door could ever be considered passive. But you are right on with the frustrated part. You can now also add, 'determined'. :lol:

For a moment, I thought you hated me.... ;)  ;)

You're just frustrated like I am....  But I am not passive....Today, I found out that GZ didn't BS me this time... The namecheck is indeed active .. wohooo !!!!

Nobody who is knocking on the 1300 blue thingy door could ever be considered passive. But you are right on with the frustrated part. You can now also add, 'determined'. :lol:

blue thinggie has got nothing to do with being active visa-wise... I could spend my days posting TOP10's and earn thinggies. Sure in hell not going to advance a case in GZ..

Fortunately, I do have a few hours left in the day, to do more productive things :-)... visa-wise. :lol: