Crushed Pearl

Jingwen made a special request to buy a small packet of crushed pearls - crushed almost to the point of powder. She wanted KK, who is due next month, to start taking it. Of course, none was to be found in Atlanta, so mama just sent us some, along with some other strange goodies - not cheap I might add.

Anyone, especially are resident herbologist, Dan, ever hear of crushed pearls used in this manner?

If Jingwen wants.........

Did a MSN search on "crushed pearl medicine" and came up

with a few hits.

"In traditional Chinese medicine Pearl Powder is taken internally and applied topically.

Used internally, Pearl Powder is believed to to: Detoxify the system; Clean and clear the skin; Remove age and liver spots on the skin; Give the skin a younger appearance; Adjust the body energy; Calm the liver; Relieve stress from the mind; Treat sore throat; Adjust the nerve system; Regulate the metabolism; Improve eyesight; Treat insomnia; and Energize the body.

When pregnant women and breast feeding women take it, Pearl Powder is believed to speed up bone development and promote intelligence in babies."

Here's a couple:

http://www.emperorsherbologist.com/pearlhi...2b63754e1d40cd3

http://216.105.56.19/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=2

"When pregnant women and breast feeding women take it, Pearl Powder is believed to speed up bone development and promote intelligence in babies."

That Emperor's Herbalist website is a good one on it. Pete already gave it. You can order there also.

Kokichi Mikimoto, one of the key figures in the creation of

cultured pearls when asked about his excellent health at the

age of 94 said, I owed my fine health and long life to the two

pearls I have swallowed every morning of my life since I was

well, I bought my wife a beautiful pearl ring and necklace while in China... I wonder if she plans to eat it? J/K

it is very interesting how the Chinese use nature...