Hello everyone,

I want to know which is faster? K1 or K3 ? Because I am really confused, some people told me K1 is faster, while others K3. Maybe it is because of differences from different states of usa? As for my understanding, K3 should be faster, because if two people have already got married, the government should let them be together as soon as possible? Is it the case?

Your postings will help me a lot.

Thanks

lg

K1 visa is faster.

because if two people have already got married, the government should let them be together as soon as possible? Is it the case?

You are assuming that our government uses logic. You will find this process and our government is void of logic. Actually with their logic this works against you. It appears as though they see this as trying to force them into a visa, so they scrutinize the applicant a little more. Another reason seems to be more paperwork processing. So K1 having least paperwork takes shortest time.

As for my understanding,  K3 should be faster, because if two people have already got married, the government should let them be together as soon as possible? Is it the case? 

lg

135705[/snapback]

You are assuming the government would place high priority on family values, but such is not the case. K1 and fiances appears to carry higher value to USCIS and they get processed more expediently. That's what this government agency is all about.

out of 9FAM:

9 FAM 41.81 PN3 Processing of K Visa Application

9 FAM 41.81 PN3.1 Timely Visa Issuance

(TL:VISA-501; 12-03-2002)

a. The interview with the consular officer is the most significant part of

the visa issuing process. It is particularly important from the point of view of

full and correct application of the law. Section 237 of Public Law 106-113

requires that the Department establish a policy under which fiancé(e) visas

be processed within 30 days of receipt of the necessary information from

the applicant and the INS. The Department expects all posts to strive to

meet the 30/60 day requirements.

b. Since the underlying purpose of the LIFE Act is to reunite families, it

is important that posts process these cases as quickly as possible. Posts

should first process IV cases that are current for processing and for which

visa numbers are available. The second priority should be V-1 and K-3

applicants and their children.

---

One CFL member asked the following, having talked to a VO:

Is K1/K3 visa interviews given preference (timing on who gets scheduled first) over CR-1/IR-1? He believes so, but does not know why.

I did not have a clue to the hurdles that I would have to face, I got married, thinking she would be allowed in short time..... HA

but now with my extended family in CFL, I am getting lots of encouragement and ton's of help.... special thanks to Richard and Squeaky