Health Issue and the Visa

Glenn,

I am very sorry to hear of your SO's condition, but keep the faith and give her all the support you can. Focus on the positive, not the potential negatives..... Most importantly now is her health, deal with the other matters later. Most companies accept pre-exiting conditions with company sponsored plans. good luck, you have my prayers and best wishes.

Guest kochevnik

Glenn :

We've been thru this. I sent you a private email.

http://www.washingtonwatchdog.org/document...e42/part34.html

© Class B medical notifications. (1) If an alien is found to have a physical or mental abnormality, disease, or disability serious in degree or permanent in nature amounting to a substantial departure from normal well-being, the medical examiner shall report his/her findings to the consular or INS officer by Class B medical notification which lists the specific conditions found by the medical examiner. Provided, however, that a Class B medical notification shall in no case be issued with respect to an alien having only mental shortcomings due to ignorance, or suffering only from a condition attributable to remediable physical causes or of a temporary nature, caused by a toxin, medically prescribed drug, or disease.

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words of encouragement and prayers. I'll definitely pass them along to Amy who will be happy to know that she has such a wonderful group of supporters and well wishers. She has a lot to live for and a bright future ahead of her once she gets past this ordeal. I'm relieved to have my instincts confirmed that her history of cancer will not automatically bar her from entering the US.

It's interesting about that notarized statement declaring my undying support and care for her when she gets to the States. I also didn't know that the visa process might be expedited in light of her condition. Who do I contact regarding this?

Amy is doing fine now at home. She is able to get out of the house once and awhile to get some sun and excercise, under the constant watch of her brother's wife who's become her 24/7 caretaker. However, she is eager to leave and come to the US as she is fully aware of the better treatment she will recieve once she gets here.

Amy is a delight to be with and I wish you could all meet her. I will keep you apprised of her progress as it develops.

Just one stupid question: what the heck is a "SO"?

Again, thanks to all of you on CFL.

Glenn

I share your sadness and wish the best for both of you.

I have learned a bit about Chinese cancer treatment over the past few years. It actually was very impressive. I have an interest in the subject since my Mother during her life fought cancer three times. She did die several years ago at 79 but free of cancer.

Beijing and Shanghai have world class well recognised Cancer Hospitals. China also has more alternatives than the U.S. for treating cancer if it spreads.

I agree with the Chemo but have also seen much better response to chemo when combined with Qi Gung healing. I have studied with Qi Gung doctors in China. Results are very impressive both for preop and post op or just for minimizing chemo effects. I have used it for a syndrom that results from x-ray and it has stopped immediately. Even the doctor was surprised and recommends it.

Often the hard times draw us closer than the good times.

Glenn :

We've been thru this. I sent you a private email.

http://www.washingtonwatchdog.org/document...e42/part34.html

?Class B medical notifications. (1) If an alien is found to have a physical or mental abnormality, disease, or disability serious in degree or permanent in nature amounting to a substantial departure from normal well-being, the medical examiner shall report his/her findings to the consular or INS officer by Class B medical notification which lists the specific conditions found by the medical examiner. Provided, however, that a Class B medical notification shall in no case be issued with respect to an alien having only mental shortcomings due to ignorance, or suffering only from a condition attributable to remediable physical causes or of a temporary nature, caused by a toxin, medically prescribed drug, or disease.

135780[/snapback]

Just to finish this thought:

9 FAM 40.11 N4.3-2 ¡°Class B¡± Finding (TL:VISA-189; 04-22-1999)

"A ¡°Class B¡± finding informs the consular officer that a serious medical condition exists which constitutes a departure from normal health or well-being. The consular officer must consider such finding when assessing the alien¡¯s eligibility for visa issuance, i.e., the likelihood of the alien becoming a public charge."

In light of this, the USC's ability to provide additional documentation as to his/her ability to provide financial support over and above the norm may take on greater significance. If the USC were to provide a letter from his/her health plan to the effect that pre-existing conditions are not a bar to participation, I think this would be very helpful. Absent that, sufficient assets/income or other resources may be necessary.

I agree with the Chemo but have also seen much better response to chemo when combined with Qi Gung healing.

135808[/snapback]

Amy did see a Qigong doctor before she was diagnosed with cancer which was effective against the pain. Now that she's out of the hospital it might be worth another visit. Amy told me that he offered to treat her for no charge, so she may take him up on it.

Last Fall when we began the K-1 process, my sister accepted my invitation to become Amy's sponser, just so we're covered. With my sister's status as sponser coupled with my support and insurance coverage, do you think that might be enough to assure the consulate that Amy will not become a ward of the State?