Mai Jiang

Tell me about this game....

Through China, Korea and Japan mahjong is very popular. It is played anywhere people gather and many restaurants have a private room in the back for gambling with mahjong.

It was very popular in the U.S. in the 60's played by women's groups. Although not so popular today most game shops carry the game which comes with English rules.

When I was in college the Japanese students would get together in one of the rooms playing from dinner time to dawn. It is highly adictive. Just hearing the sound of the tiles shuffling gets some people the gambling urge.

Through China, Korea and Japan mahjong is very popular. It is played anywhere people gather and many restaurants have a private room in the back for gambling with mahjong.

It was very popular in the U.S. in the 60's played by women's groups. Although not so popular today most game shops carry the game which comes with English rules.

When I was in college the Japanese students would get together in one of the rooms playing from dinner time to dawn. It is highly adictive. Just hearing the sound of the tiles shuffling gets some people the gambling urge.

135428[/snapback]

In HK, it is quite common to have MJ games during banquets (wedding, birthdays, celebration).

How much time you got? :lol:   Jingwen is an avid player, and I learned from her.  However, there are various sets of rules, and she does not play by the Hong Kong set.  Her rules are actually a little easier.

Incidentally, there are free game downloads available on the net with rules and all.  Here's one link:  http://games2download.com/free-mahjong-gam...ong-mahjong.htm

135337[/snapback]

Jingwen must be as my wife, but as opposed to avid player, I almost think on addicted player.... :P :D :lol:

Maybe we should get them together when my wife arrives......

Maybe we should get them together when my wife arrives......
For Jingwen, she would consider Virginia a short drive from Atlanta if it meant a chance to play with a veteran. :blink:

135701[/snapback]

hey, let's make it a date, I know that my wife would love to play for sure!!! thanks and let's stay in touch.. :blink:

I have also heard of this being referred to as "the great wall" anyone else ever hear that term? Jingwen???