Signing DS-230 Part2 at CR-1 interview

I have read many things about other S.O.'s experiences with the GZ interview like the questions asked, financial papers, photos, cards, letters and videos, but I have not read anything about the DS-230 Part2. It says, "DO NOT SIGN this form until instructed to do so by the consular officer". Have any other wives with a CR-1 interview had any experience with this form? Will the V.O. automatically remember to ask my wife to sign it? Sorry, I have not read any threads where the wife was asked to sign anything. If there was one, maybe I missed it??

I have read many things about other S.O.'s experiences with the GZ interview like the questions asked, financial papers, photos, cards, letters and videos, but I have not read anything about the DS-230 Part2. It says, "DO NOT SIGN this form until instructed to do so by the consular officer".  Have any other wives with a CR-1 interview had any experience with this form?  Will the V.O. automatically remember to ask my wife to sign it?  Sorry, I have not read any threads where the wife was asked to sign anything.  If there was one, maybe I missed it??

134733[/snapback]

I would like to know more about this....

I believe the VO actually walks them through Part II and has them sign it.

You might want to prompt her on the section for the SSN.

134749[/snapback]

Lee, thanks for the SSN reminder, we have everything completed to Line 34. I suppose they will walk her through it, but I never read anything about it before. I guess I will have her mention the form at the end of the interview, if the VO forgets to have her sign it.

Great question. I have never seen this one posted, but wondered about it also.

...and welcome to candle. :P

It looks like your experiance has been even tougher than mine. Good luck at the interview.

134813[/snapback]

Thanks Doug! Yes, I think someone at the VSC making a simple office mistake cost us about five months together. They kept the I-130 and photos and returned the supporting documents. I said, "wait a minute, don't you need them to process the application?" I tried calling the National Customer Service number and they said we were all set. I wrote to the Asst. Director of the VSC asking if they were needed. Never got a reply. To be safe, I sent the documents again, A MONTH BEFORE THE RFE. Believe me, there were flames coming out the top of my head when that RFE arrived! Unfortunately, we can't talk to a human being at the service center which is processing our applications. The delay was totally unnecessary.

So, don't mind me asking a lot of nervous questions, because I have been burned before. So far, everything seems to be moving smoothly with DOS. We have our fingers crossed. :lol: