AOS Interview for Step Son

As some of you may know, Jingwen and her daughter did not have to go to an AOS interview before receiving their green cards. Minghao, my step son, was not included, and he has been scheduled for an AOS interview in September.

My questions relate to what to bring. Should I bring all the stuff that I would have brought had Jingwen gone for an interview (marriage certificate, joint bank accounts, etc.). I presume I'll have to bring a new I-864 and supporting documentation.

I plan on having Jingwen attend the interview, along with an interpreter since Minghao is not yet fluent in English. The vaccination supplement was provided with the I-485.

Guest Gene

I have been wondering on this also . My new son will interview in August and the only extras that I could think of would be some school records and letters addressed to him delivered to our home address. My wife will be interviewed at the same time so I am going with the take it all method and see how it washes out. I will let you know how ours went after August 4th.

My wife and stepdaughter interview at the same time. all i brought xtra for the stepdaughter was letter from her school prinipal stating her home address and when I enrolled her-They didn't ask for it.

Frank, pull out the kitchen sink and pack it along. I called UCIS before our interview bcause the letter said to bring everything that I had sent them with the I-485. I re-did the I-864 etc etc etc. Turns out they make you re-do in case you left something out the first time--All they asked for was proof we live together- I gave a void check and also had some mail sent to wifey at my address. All they asked for from the I-864 was the newest tax year 1040. I gave them a letter from the VA and one from my retirement stating income.

for proof he lives with you or relationship or whatever they are calling it---mail addressed to him-something from insurance stating you added him. Drivers license with address, etc---you get the idea. We brought the Vac supp thing in a sealed envelope--they never asked for it/

As some of you may know, Jingwen and her daughter did not have to go to an AOS interview before receiving their green cards.  Minghao, my step son, was not included, and he has been scheduled for an AOS interview in September.

My questions relate to what to bring.  Should I bring all the stuff that I would have brought had Jingwen gone for an interview (marriage certificate, joint bank accounts, etc.).  I presume I'll have to bring a new I-864 and supporting documentation.

I plan on having Jingwen attend the interview, along with an interpreter since Minghao is not yet fluent in English.  The vaccination supplement was provided with the I-485.

134467[/snapback]

what is the I-765?

what is the I-485?

As some of you may know, Jingwen and her daughter did not have to go to an AOS interview before receiving their green cards.  Minghao, my step son, was not included, and he has been scheduled for an AOS interview in September.

My questions relate to what to bring.  Should I bring all the stuff that I would have brought had Jingwen gone for an interview (marriage certificate, joint bank accounts, etc.).  I presume I'll have to bring a new I-864 and supporting documentation.

I plan on having Jingwen attend the interview, along with an interpreter since Minghao is not yet fluent in English.  The vaccination supplement was provided with the I-485.

134467[/snapback]

what is the I-765?

what is the I-485?

134969[/snapback]

This is just more UCIS crap. The good news is that you needn't worry about it until your sO is here--BUT DO save each and every bit of paperwork and notifications etc--you will need them all again later.

Same stuff-different world!!!!!!!!