Please help me!!

Hi everyone,

I am a K-1 Visa applicant. My interview date was 30 Jun 2005 and I got the Visa approval upone the interview. I was expecting to receive my Visa package in 2 days after the interview. But I haven't receive my Visa package yet. I received a phone call from US Embassy this morning and was told that they still need to do some investigation on my case, and that I would recieve notification by mail later.... I was devastated by this call. What is happening??? What are they still investigating? Are they going to withdraw my Visa approval decision???? Has this happened to anyone here before?? If so please help me understand the situation and what should I do now??

I'm going to ask a question just to help clarify the situation.. being an interview on thursday, you could pickup the visa on saturday.  When did you go and what happened when you went to do the pickup?

133980[/snapback]

hi thanks for helping!!

I called the xiti post office almost everyday after my interview day to check if my package arrived yet. But the answer I always got is "NO, I didn't see your package here!!"

I cannot comment based on experience... only from past issues. And hopefully some others will certainly give better input.

This is similar to the situation where a visa passed and then on pickup at the embassy (in your case at the post office), was told of some issue.. so the visa was not given. So this is not unprecedented.

Here is the first advice for you: Stay calm and realize that something simply makes them question the application or information. The reasons are not known right now but with perserverence, you can overcome this. How long it takes is unknown.

Some have had to spend many, many months. This is not to discourage you, but so that you know that others have plowed a path you now follow.

Here is what I think you should do:

1) Go to embassy with anything they gave you out of the interview

2) Ask them to explain what the issue is with the visa application since it was approved.

3) Ask for anything they say to be in writing (may or may not get this).

4) Keep pressing till you get a specific problem; ask if they need additional documentation or evidence.

5) Be adamant, but keep calm. Stay at the embassy and ask as much information as you can get.

It's hard to know if the application is staying in Guangzhou or being returned to the US.. see if you can find that out; again, and reason why.

I'm not suggesting you need an immigration lawyer, but I am sure there is one we would recommend to you if you felt this was necessary. But let's save this thought.

David, once the person has HAD the interview they will be HARD pressed to gain access to the consulate again- other than to submit overcome documents. I am in contact w/ another couple with similar problems along this line. The Lavender slip says if any problems exist you can either email or fax the Consulate. :D acw

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. Your situation is the first instance that I'm aware of under the new post office visa pick up procedures where a visa applicant was not given the visa after a successful interview. This has happened before under the old pick up procedures - a visa applicant passes the interview only to return the next day and be told that additional processing is needed. It is rare but it does happen. Your options are limited at this stage, but it is important that you and your fiance make every effort to find out what the problem might be.

How sad that you are having this trouble after you thought you would get the visa. I would recommend following advice that has already been given here and most important...DON'T GIVE UP...You will succeed and get your visa if you just keep working at it. Best of luck to you both.

Sorry to hear your bad news.

Other people have gotten approval only to find out that the consulate needed "more time" to "administer" or "process" your case. A few people got their visa in a week or two, some took a few months.

A red flag got raised for some reason (my guess is something with her passport or history that didn't agree with the G325- only a guess on my part!!) but I think almost everyone did eventually get their visa.

Good Luck and let us know what happens!

Guest DragonFlower

I tried to ask this Question at the last Q&A session I went to in GZ.

"Will there still be reversals,now that we are using the mail system?"

Seems this answers the question(the VO would not talk to me,I guess the questions I ask are to difficult).

Thank you for posting,hope everything goes OK(probably just a little more waiting),I appreciate knowing we have the same old song and dance.

long

Really sorry to hear that this happened. I agree that you should be persistent, but calm and respectful, in your pursuit for answers. It is really a shame that we are so often kept in the dark about "further processing", etc. :unsure:

David, once the person has HAD the interview they will be HARD pressed to gain access to the consulate again- other than to submit overcome documents. I am in contact w/ another couple with similar problems along this line. The Lavender slip says if any problems exist you can either email or fax the Consulate.  <_< acw

133988[/snapback]

the case I'm thinking is a USC going back to demand to talk to someone to find out what is up. But I'm sure it's not easy to convince them they should let you in or talk to you unless, as you say, for overcome evidence.

What if he presented himself as there to get clarification on overcome evidence.. stating he needs to find out what to present...

He can certainly try this tactic (entry for overcome evidence) if he's in GUZ. In this situation I would attempt this during the overcome days/hours and wonder IF the USC would be allowed access to the IV section. Has any USC's been given access to IV lately???

Our (and another couples) experiences with the guards outside the Consulate are #^&* at best! She passed her interview but the other couple is still floundering after GUZ wanted additional info- it's a tragic comedy what has happpened to them. Gaining access after the fact is a problem for them. I will be emailing/writing to the Consular Director in GUZ about a situation WE had with one of these goons there soon. And I AM paying this A$$hole guards wages??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :wub: acw

Thank you guys for encouraging!!!

My fiance called the Department of State for me and found out that the issue was that my fingerprint validation had not been returned by the computer check.... I wonder why the validation is not returned yet and which Department is in charging of this, FBI? CIA???

I have been to US in 2003 and I gave my fingerprint while I went through the US Custom, so I think my prints record should be in file. Then why it's taking so long to validate?? I did travel a lot of places in the last several years, would this be a reason?? Is there anything we could do to expedite the validation process?

The endless waiting just drives me crazy...:blink:

The endless waiting just drives me crazy...:lol:

134369[/snapback]

Sadly the "endless waiting" is one of the main things that binds us all together here... :huh:

But after you and your SO are together at last that time disappears in the new happiness of your relationship... :rolleyes: :stupid: