Actually, it could be one of two reasons. First, the files could be held up in customs. You should be able to track the shipment and actual delivery to the consulate. The second possibility is that the files have been delivered but haven't been entered into GZ's computer system. Until they do this, they will usually say they haven't received the files yet. On K-1 files, a month or so to get through customs is not unusual, and a couple of weeks or so to get into the system is not unusual.

Mark:

Sorry, I cannot give you good news. Total time was nine weeks, from the time the NVC forwarded my wife's case (CR-1) until the consulate in Guangzhou entered her case into the computer.

All you can do is phone the DOS (or e-mail Guangzhou) once a week until the case is received and entered by Guangzhou.

I believe our wait time is longer than most, but still expect at least six weeks. Hopefully when the new consulate building in Guangzhou opens, this process will speed up, assuming the consulate hires more people.

Mark

Mark:

Sorry,  I cannot give you good news.  Total time was nine weeks, from the time the NVC forwarded my wife's case (CR-1) until the consulate in Guangzhou entered her case into the computer.

All you can do is phone the DOS (or e-mail Guangzhou) once a week until the case is received and entered by Guangzhou.

I believe our wait time is longer than most, but still expect at least six weeks.  Hopefully when the new consulate building in Guangzhou opens, this process will speed up, assuming the consulate hires more people.

Mark

133720[/snapback]

It took 7 weeks for the transfer from NVC to the time we recieved notice. This was a k1.

the NVC said they sent our cr1 docs to GZ on May 17th.  I emailed GZ for status and they just replied we have not received the paperwork yet.  Why does it take so long?  Any one else around this shipping time heard that their packet was received? :jerry:

133711[/snapback]

Our wait:

May 09, 2003 delay.

Picked up July 21, 2003.

Don't worry. You still have until July 29 before being too concerned.

I get as frustrated as you do because I can feel your anxiety.... good luck, and remember..... in the end you will be with your loved one!!! :blink: