Hi,

I will be going to Hong Kong to pick up my SO. She currently lives between Hong Kong and Shenzhen although all of her documentation is from China not Hong Kong. Will there be a problem flying directly out of Hong Kong. I don't this is a problem but just want to be sure.

Thanks.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Hi,

I will be going to Hong Kong to pick up my SO.  She currently lives between Hong Kong and Shenzhen although all of her documentation is from China not Hong Kong.  Will there be a problem flying directly out of Hong Kong.  I don't this is a problem but just want to be sure.

Thanks.

133579[/snapback]

Having the US Visa and airline ticket in hand will be the most important things she can have.

J & L

As long as she has her visa and an airline ticket showing a departure from Hong Kong within seven days (I think), she should be okay. Jingwen and the kids departed from Hong Kong this way without a problem. The only thing I was unsure of was whether an e-ticket would be okay. To avoid the issue, I popped for the extra $$ to get a paper ticket.

As long as she has her visa and an airline ticket showing a departure from Hong Kong within seven days (I think), she should be okay.  Jingwen and the kids departed from Hong Kong this way without a problem.  The only thing I was unsure of was whether an e-ticket would be okay.  To avoid the issue, I popped for the extra $$ to get a paper ticket.

133581[/snapback]

I heard the same info. As long as she has the visa from the US consulate, she can enter Hong Kong so long as she has a plane ticket out within 7 days...

I would opt for a paper ticket as well.

I heard the same info. As long as she has the visa from the US consulate, she can enter Hong Kong so long as  she has a plane ticket out within 7 days...

I would opt for a paper ticket as well.

133625[/snapback]

Just an FYI for those who Fly Singapore Air, they do have an office in GZ and the paper tick can be picked up there. (HK to SFO, my favorite)