Drivers license and no proof of AOS or EAD app

I applied for the AOS and EAD for my fiancee and her daughter prior to the 90 day expiration of her K1 visa. They each received 2 notices for biometrics. One for the EAD and the other for the AOS. Her drivers license is expired since in Florida they only allow the license for the expiration of the visa. Her biometric appt is in mid August but they will not even provide anything in writing to show this. What can I do?

Also my stepdaughter is 7 and they even have a biometric appt for her. I am going to have her go however, my understanding is that this was not required.

Same problem here in VA. From my understanding we just have to suck it up and wait for the EAD. This is driving my wife stir-crazy. She is literally climbing the walls. Over 3 months, can't work, can't drive... She was always a very active person, and this is crushing her spirit.

I could type some four letter words to better express my feelings twoards the government for providing this little catch 22, but it wouldn't really help anything. Just hoping it comes before Jun truly loses her mind.

With an I-797C notice of acceptance of I-485 for AOS and her passport with visa and I-94 (expired or unexpired), both of you should be able to get a DL or a Learner's Permit for your wive's.

I thought I've mentioned this to you before, MRMC. I thought my wife had to have the EAD card before getting a license too. NOT TRUE! It helps but not needed. Look at www.dmvnow.com, Jeikun.

Although, a SSN doesn't hurt to have.

For MRMC: Florida Requirements

your previous post

For Jeikun: Virginia Requirements

*Jeikun, Print out DMV51 and DMV141. Take these to DMV with the required documentation.

-Armed with this information, stand your ground with the DMV reps

good luck to both of you,

With an I-797C notice of acceptance of I-485 for AOS and her passport with visa and I-94 (expired or unexpired), both of you should be able to get a DL or a Learner's Permit for your wive's.

I thought I've mentioned this to you before, MRMC. I thought my wife had to have the EAD card before getting a license too. NOT TRUE! It helps but not needed. Look at www.dmvnow.com, Jeikun.

your previous post

*Jeikun, Print out DMV51 and DMV141. Take these to DMV with the required documentation.

133330[/snapback]

Thanks!! I had been told differently! If they give us one, I'll take you and your wife out to dinner. Stay tuned!!! <_<

Guest Gene
Also my stepdaughter is 7 and they even have a biometric appt for her.  I am going to have her go however, my understanding is that this was not required.

133324[/snapback]

I just went through this. Fingerprints are fingerprints and Biometrics is a digital photograph.

For children under 14 years of age they get Biometrics done along with one index finger fingerprinted.

So do take your daughter.

I just went through this. Fingerprints are fingerprints and Biometrics is a digital photograph.

For children under 14 years of age they get Biometrics done along with one index finger fingerprinted.

So do take your daughter.

133374[/snapback]

Back in May I set up an appointment for my wife to get fingerprinted on June 28th. I also called later for my 14 y.o. stepdaughter. The CIS rep wouldn't make the appointment on the same day as my wife's. The rep scheduled it for July 8th, only 10 days apart! I took my wife to the appointment and asked the immigration person could they do my stepdaughter since we are here. The lady said yes, it wouldn't be a problem.

So, the moral of this story is, 'take the CIS telephone reps with a grain of salt. Just do what is in the best interest for your loved ones at the time you are doing it!' Within the law, of coarse!.......:P

Thanks!! I had been told differently! If they give us one, I'll take you and your wife out to dinner. Stay tuned!!! :lol:

I need to go back to mari's "frustration" post and add DMV to the list...:P

I didn't place any emphasis on the importance of having the SSN. It's imperative that Jun has a SSN. If she has it already then take the I-797C and her passport w/ visa and I-94 back to DMV. Take anything else along that you think might help particularly what's listed on the DMV141 list.

As far as dinner?...Stephens on Franklin Rd. sounds like a winner!... :(

-good luck

your previous post

133330[/snapback]

Yes I did ask before but I thought I would receive an acceptance notice of the AOS application. Instead just a notice to make a biometric appt.

Guest Gene
Yes I did ask before but I thought I would receive an acceptance notice of the AOS application.  Instead just a notice to make a biometric appt.

133407[/snapback]

That is your NOA1 for the AOS it just has further instructions on it, so it will progress to the next step B)