134 form for K1 do i need to include W2's?

Unless you are self-employed, a tax return isn't required but it has always been the popular consensus to include a copy of the latest return with the I-134. Some have included up to three returns including the w-2's. Whatever one's comfort zone is.

If employed, your letter of employment showing date of employment and salary paid will be enough to show evidence of income.

All evidence accompanying the I-134 must be in duplicate.

Unless you are self-employed, a tax return isn't required but it has always been the popular consensus to include a copy of the latest return with the I-134. Some have included up to three returns including the w-2's. Whatever one's comfort zone is.

If employed, your letter of employment showing date of employment and salary paid will be enough to show evidence of income.

All evidence accompanying the I-134 must be in duplicate.

133009[/snapback]

good distinct to make for the I-134.. I think the income tax forms requirements for the I-864 have fallen into the I-134 realm for some reason.. just as the 125% issue has.

In fact, for the I-134, only 100% of poverty level is needed to be covered for I-134...

good distinct to make for the I-134.. I think the income tax forms requirements for the I-864 have fallen into the I-134 realm for some reason.. just as the 125% issue has.

In fact, for the I-134, only 100% of poverty level is needed to be covered for I-134...

133022[/snapback]

David, OF-167(Rev. 6-91) that goes out in P3 gets fairly specific about the evidence they require for the I-134, it's an oldy but a goodie. :D

The wording is vague enough and could be interpreted to include the W-2. This is also where getting the tax form notarized comes from.

If you bring all the extra stuff-they will never ask for it. if you don't bring it--they will without doubt want to see it. no one knows for sure how they know--but they indeed do. Reading all the fancy numbered regs is usualy a huge waste of time as the GZ folks either haven't read them or have been trained to ignore them and make it up as they go---the kitchen sink method is the preffered method. I think there may be hidden scales when your SO walks into the interview--yea, THATS THE TICKET ALRIGHTY-THEY WEIGH THE STUFF TO SEE IF YOU BROUGHT ENOUGH--YEA, THAT'S THE TICKET-WEIGH IT!

By George I think he got it!

The scales of GUZ determine the requirements.

Now this makes sense.

Yup cover your bases.

Where was it stated that 100% poverty gets you a visa? If I knew that I'd have quit my job and moved to the street. If it would have improved my chances.

By George I think he got it!

The scales of GUZ determine the requirements.

Now this makes sense.

Yup cover your bases.

Where was it stated that 100% poverty gets you a visa? If I knew that I'd have quit my job and moved to the street. If it would have improved my chances.

133130[/snapback]

Uh, Dan. 100% of poverty level doesn't really mean that you have to be 100% poor. you could only be half poor like me and still get a visa---that way you can become 100% pooor. It's a mathematical equation half poor plus 125% pooor devided by a visa and the cost of a plane ticket=one third poor-added wtiht one third rich makes you two thirds eligible---the other 50% is not relative to GZ.

now do you get it????

If you bring all the extra stuff-they will never ask for it. if you don't bring it--they will without doubt want to see it.  no one knows for sure how they know--but they indeed do.  Reading all the fancy numbered regs is usualy a huge waste of time as the GZ folks either haven't read them or have been trained to ignore them and make it up as they go---the kitchen sink method is the preffered method. I think there may be hidden scales when your SO walks into the interview--yea, THATS THE TICKET ALRIGHTY-THEY WEIGH THE STUFF TO SEE IF YOU BROUGHT ENOUGH--YEA, THAT'S THE TICKET-WEIGH IT!

133128[/snapback]

Perhaps this should be added to the interview recommendations. We should be able to determin the weight requirement for a passing invterview. I'm sure it will be found that 8.5 pounds is the magic number.

If you bring all the extra stuff-they will never ask for it. if you don't bring it--they will without doubt want to see it.  no one knows for sure how they know--but they indeed do.  Reading all the fancy numbered regs is usualy a huge waste of time as the GZ folks either haven't read them or have been trained to ignore them and make it up as they go---the kitchen sink method is the preffered method. I think there may be hidden scales when your SO walks into the interview--yea, THATS THE TICKET ALRIGHTY-THEY WEIGH THE STUFF TO SEE IF YOU BROUGHT ENOUGH--YEA, THAT'S THE TICKET-WEIGH IT!

133128[/snapback]

Perhaps this should be added to the interview recommendations. We should be able to determin the weight requirement for a passing invterview. I'm sure it will be found that 8.5 pounds is the magic number.

133148[/snapback]

Arrrrg, everyone knows that they weigh in kilograms---through back from their druggy days!!

133128[/snapback]

133148[/snapback]

Arrrrg, everyone knows that they weigh in kilograms---through back from their druggy days!!

133149[/snapback]

I have no recollection of any such thing, and no it does not effect the memory.

... What was the question?

David, OF-167(Rev. 6-91) that goes out in P3 gets fairly specific about the evidence they require for the I-134, it's an oldy but a goodie. :ph34r:

The wording is vague enough and could be interpreted to include the W-2. This is also where getting the tax form notarized comes from.

133100[/snapback]

I just read this.. just says "tax returns"... so could imply w-2 since they are a part of the tax forms.

Although the wording on both this OF1-67 seems to agree with the 9FAM sections, suggesting that the I-134 is NOT a requirement, but can be requested.

It appears that the use of an employment letter could in itself be enough proof. But I'm sure that I'll do a I-134 and bring w-2 , just in case!

Where was it stated that 100% poverty gets you a visa?

133130[/snapback]

I-864 FAQ:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1328.html

Do the same income requirements apply to all immigrant visa applicants even if they use the I-134?

No. The 125 percent minimum income requirement, the need for the last three years income tax returns and other requirements only apply when an I-864 is needed. Applicants using the I-134 will need to show that their sponsor's income is 100 percent of federal poverty guidelines as required under Section 212(a)(4) of the INA.