Kim, how far are you from a USCIS office? At his point, I'd do an infopass appointment and go talk to someone in person. That may well be the quickest and smoothest way to get things unstuck.

134023[/snapback]

Kim, I can't tell from the posts how long the EAD application has been pending. In Jingwen's case, after 90 days of waiting, we were able to go to the local office and get a temporary EAD that same day.

Patrick

Somehow I missed the part about the upcoming birth of your child.

Congratulations!

<_< :blink: :shutup: :blink: ;)

I look forward to hearing about your adventures with pregnancy and childbirth. Our Salina is about 13 1/2 months now. What a sweetie she is. Just like her Momma! :wub:

Please keep us posted.

Patrick

Somehow I missed the part about the upcoming birth of your child.

Congratulations!

:D  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :huh:

I look forward to hearing about your adventures with pregnancy and childbirth. Our Salina is about 13 1/2 months now. What a sweetie she is. Just like her Momma! :wub:

Please keep us posted.

134064[/snapback]

Thank you very much Mick, We are really excited now, 8 more weeks. Just seems like yesterday that we were working hard to make this baby ;) .

We haven't really gone into any kind of panic mode yet about the AOS because of our pregnancy. It would be real nice if we could just finally get all of this settled and not have to think about immigration issues ever again. Yea Right!! :unsure:

I basically just lurk here now, sometimes i respond when i see someone having a problem that is identical to one i have experienced before.

Later, Patrick & Li :)

so what should i do at this point...??? just wait another 30 days for info? or call back and speak to representative....like an IO??

also, what should i do about the work permit deal...like i said, the "file" number and the "receipt" number on the two documents they sent to us (RFE and receipt) are not the same and apparently should be....when i told this to the person on the phone at the BCIS she said, "we cannot do anything about this. it is being processed at your regional center (texas) and you need to contact them. you should write them a letter" i said, "in the interest of time (his present one expiring), is there someone i can talk to about it instead?" she said "no, the regional office is like a warehouse of paperwork/files and there are no public phone lines there. they do not accept phone calls, only letters in the mail"

can i go above her and get some answers on this, or is she in fact right, i can only contact the TSC and of course the only way to do that is by letter? i did write them a letter, but just wondering if i should wait on the response, which i have never gotten before from any other office i have ever written to....we just dont really have the time to wait....his ead expires the 23rd!!!

looking for opinions...suggestions....

134020[/snapback]

Contact your congressman, senator, or even email the President. It is so frustrating to see the timelines here, knowing families are being kept apart due to bungling of the bureauracy.....

Kim, how far are you from a USCIS office? At his point, I'd do an infopass appointment and go talk to someone in person. That may well be the quickest and smoothest way to get things unstuck.

134023[/snapback]

Kim, I can't tell from the posts how long the EAD application has been pending. In Jingwen's case, after 90 days of waiting, we were able to go to the local office and get a temporary EAD that same day.

134031[/snapback]

well, i know about the 90 day thing....but our is no where near that. they kept telling us after our interview in feb. that we would receive the green card "any day now", "two more months, and you will have it". they kept giving us hope of having it, BUT we never have received it. so since we "thought" we might get it, we didn't apply for renewal of EAD until like june 2nd....his present one expired july 23rd....so we can't do anything about it really until the 90 days pass....

my frustration at this point is that it is only taking about 30 days to process the EAD...he would have his renewal by now if THEY hadn't screwed up. my frustration isn't the time it is taking, but is their carelessness and lack of giving me an answer on it....the person on the phone acknowledged that it certainly was NOT a good thing that the two numbers are different, BUT there is nothing I can do about it except WRITE a letter...we all know how long things remain on desks and in warehouses by this point in the process, right??

so anyway, that is all, the time line itself isn't up for the EAD app, but their carelessness is most frustrating!!

• 2 weeks later...
very cute kid

136341[/snapback]

thank you!!! hehe

ok, well now i have a new question about all this. i checked the status online and it says that this case has been approved, and that a letter was sent on july 18th. he hasn't gotten it yet. his first EAD expired this past saturday....can he still work now since his new one has been approved, even though he hasn't received it yet??

:greenblob:

just to update and answer my own question...i just called uscis and the lady told me that he cannot work until he has his EAD IN HAND...she said it doesn't matter what the internet says....he has to have it in hand...

now it was mailed on the 18th and we have to "give" them 14 days before we can call and inquire about not receiving it....

we sit and wait....hoping the work-place will understand...

Anyways, good to hear from you and am glad things are holding together.

BTW..........cute kid!...... :)

133618[/snapback]

one more note i forgot to add...we already had our interview...we submitted I-485 april 2004, had interview feb 2005, and were told by interviewing IO that we should have it within two moths, and if we didn't then to call back...and write a letter...call who?? i tried that and it got me no where...they acted like they had never heard of what he told me...so i wrote the letter, never heard anything....then called BCIS, they said, we cant give you any info now, call back may 1st, i called back may 1st, they said, we cant give you any info now, call back when the processing time listed on the website is 30 past his date...so i called then....they submitted an inquiry...i called back 2 weeks later because we had heard NOTHING from them, they said, you have to wait 30 days, and if you still have heard nothing, call back again and submit another inquiry...so we did that, just yesterday we submitted another inquiry...so who knows......

we just want that EAD at least so he can keep working, but i think he will feel better when that green card actually comes....

this is all so frustrating!!

thanks ....i think my little man is pretty cute too! he is my heart!!!

kim

133705[/snapback]

Sorry to hear about this.

Here is our experience with this:

NEVER CALL THE 1-800-MIS-INFORMATION NUMBER!

Each time, we get the same wait 30 days thing too.

Then each time, we go on infopass and make an appointment to seen an immigration officer at the local office.

After waiting 2 weeks, we go and see the same person. We chat about how life has been, he then gets on the phone and yells at MSC and suddenly, a few days later, whatever we were waiting for arrives in the mail...

I am not sure it will *always* work this way, but so far every time they have clearly made a mistake it has...

Good Luck!

very cute kid

136341[/snapback]

thank you!!! hehe

ok, well now i have a new question about all this. i checked the status online and it says that this case has been approved, and that a letter was sent on july 18th. he hasn't gotten it yet. his first EAD expired this past saturday....can he still work now since his new one has been approved, even though he hasn't received it yet??

:D

141145[/snapback]

If Jake filed before his old one expired, his employer can keep him on the payroll for 90 days. You should know better than believing USCIS non-info line.

141347[/snapback]

keep him on payroll for 90 days from when?? and can he still work or just be on the payroll, like not let go....???

ok, new twist, i just had an immigration officer hang up on me! i am truly just disgusted. she basically called me an idiot and then hung up on me. She was not a native english speaker, has anyone ever encountered that when actually being transferred to an officer?? i was shocked at that, she had a strong accent, i think it was chinese though, and then when i didn't get what she wanted me to do, then she told me to have a great day and hung up....i asked her to transfer me to someone else, but she wouldn't....

here is the new twist though....the case that has been approved is not jacob's case. it is for someone else, last name Chen, ours is Du. It is the wrong case....

i'm thoroughly confused, let me try to make some sense of it so y'all can see if you can help me...what do we do next??

we got RFE- it was not jacob receipt number- we mailed it back anyway with a letter stating it was the wrong receipt number and giving them the right one. meanwhile, checking the case status online, it does say a RFE was mailed (under the right receipt number) but we never received it. But it really doesnt matter too much because we already submitted it when the RFE was received (with wrong receipt number).

so here we are, the wrong receipt number status has since been updated to reflect orginally that they received our response to their RFE and processing had resumed, now it says that the case has been approved and letter was mailed......the right receipt number still says the RFE was sent, NO UPDATE!!!

i got no where with USCIS, of course, i know y'all all know that so i dont have to tell you, but what to do? we can make an appt to our local office, but that is a lot of hassle if it gets us no where too....the reason i hesitate going there is bc the renewal is being processed at the regional office, not the local one...so i just know when we go through the hassle of getting the appt and getting to the appt (IN NEW ORLEANS!! ther is NEVER anything easy about that city!!) they are gonna tell us they cant tell us anything bc it is not being processed there.....

what are your thoughts? i'm leaving work now, but will check this tomorrow, i hopeto have some responses!!

thanks y'all!

kim

ok, about the info pass appt....

we would make it at our district office, new orleans? or what? the app is being processed in TX, at the regional office. would new orleans really be able to help us or tell us anything???

we have a friend who is a personal friend of one of our senators, or something like that, i didn't get the details, but my husband supposedly did....anyway, he is contacting someone on our behalf..i hate to sit and wait, but that is at least something that is going on right now...

i'll try to make the appt. but let me know everyone's thoughts on if the appt at the local center would be helpful even with the permit being processed at the regional center....i've gotten the feeling they are "unrelated" for all intents and purposes....???

thoughts???

ok, about the info pass appt....

we would make it at our district office, new orleans? or what? the app is being processed in TX, at the regional office. would new orleans really be able to help us or tell us anything???

we have a friend who is a personal friend of one of our senators, or something like that, i didn't get the details, but my husband supposedly did....anyway, he is contacting someone on our behalf..i hate to sit and wait, but that is at least something that is going on right now...

i'll try to make the appt. but let me know everyone's thoughts on if the appt at the local center would be helpful even with the permit being processed at the regional center....i've gotten the feeling they are "unrelated" for all intents and purposes....???

thoughts???

143605[/snapback]

Hey Kim,

The info pass can be of help.

It's been a while since I've posted since I don't have much to comtribute, but I can share our experience in this area with you.

After calling the useless info line for 7 months on Chang's EAD and getting nowhere, we scheduled an info pass interview and drove 3 hours to Atlanta. The INS lady checked her computer and said the EAD was approved 6 months before. What??? The useless info line and the useless online status gave no such indication. So we asked her where is it? She said that since NBS was processing it and she was Atlanta, she couldn't do anything. Bite my tongue, find what little charm I have, and ask her kindly if she can help us since we have absolutely no where else to turn. She said she would send an email to "whoever", and call us if she can get any info. After we got back home, she called us. She said all we need to do is do the biometrics, again. (The computer that took her pic and prints broke down later that day and the info was never sent to "wherever"). The jagoffs never bothered to inform or contact anybody, so we were left just waiting for nothing. It amazes me that after so many inquiries on the info lines that nobody knew all we needed was to re-do the bio's. The EAD card came a week after the re-do, (with only a few months left, and have to renew, since the 1 year period started from "their" approval date).

So anyhow, if you can get someone at info pass nice enough to help you, but you practically have to beg, the it might be worth your while.

Good luck,

Pat

p.s. expecting baby feb. 28.