We might need some teaching, but the Californicans are in more dire need. Dan couldn't even prounounce ORY-GUN after I spelled it out for him.  :lol:

Hey, easy on the Californicans, okay? I can not only pronounce Ory-gun, but I can point to it on a map. It's that little suburb north of San Francisco. :)

And all these years I thought Portland was Seattle's pretty little sister.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We might need some teaching, but the Californicans are in more dire need. Dan couldn't even prounounce ORY-GUN after I spelled it out for him.  :lol:

Hey, easy on the Californicans, okay? I can not only pronounce Ory-gun, but I can point to it on a map. It's that little suburb north of San Francisco. :)

And all these years I thought Portland was Seattle's pretty little sister.

and China is only Mainland Taiwan. http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2005-03-24_16.06/Resource/emoticons/70_70.gifhttp://messenger.msn.com/MMM2005-03-24_16.06/Resource/emoticons/70_70.gifhttp://messenger.msn.com/MMM2005-03-24_16.06/Resource/emoticons/70_70.gifhttp://messenger.msn.com/MMM2005-03-24_16.06/Resource/emoticons/tongue_smile.gif

Gene, thanks for thr Agriculture alert. That must be why i cannot find them anywhere. There must be a way!!!!!!!!

Got to have them for killer hot pot.

Dude, thanks for the reminder of whats to come soon.

Cosmic, here is the summary of My lessons:

Are-ye-gone fishin yet?

Ore-go-onion hunting again

hey! look up air

M R ducks

C M wings?

Part-land is the hot auto parts resale mecca of the western US, right?

Still cant get the mr yuk face operational. No need unless i talk about US chinese food, or My x, and that wont happen anytime soon. Guess i will have to wait for My daughter to come back from grandmas house. She is My inhouse techie and graphics artist.

As for foods passing customs, processed products such as pickled, salted, candied, roasted and etc. are fine except for meats and poultry. Simply dried doesn't do it since that wouldn't kill any pests that it might have. Packages of dried or fresh fruits do not meet the plant quarantine regulations of APHIS. That is why they pass out the agricultural check list for having visited a farm or carrying agricultural products on the plane to turn in at customs.

Thankd for the reminder. Dont forget about dairy.

Reminds me when i travelled all over germany, sampling the best smoked meats and cheeses available in every little town.

Anyway I backpaced the best of the best from each province, and held back from devouring it, only to have custome take it way. all of it. I even asked if i go back and chow for a little bit

and they said "this isnt a cafateria". I was so bummed.

My clothes throughout My pack smelled od all that smoled meats, maybe 20 pounds of it. So I had to settle for doing nose hits off my clothes.

Thanks.

Warped, I think you have it backwards (if you are an ore go onion, its ok. I understand completely)

I see you fit right in with this group.

I thought I would provide two pronounciation guides for how to correctly pronounce Oregon:

1: ORY - GUN

2: or- E - gun

People who live here are: or - A - go - ni - ans

I also do a great job on explaing the proper pronounciation for our state to the south, Califunky, and our state to the north, Worshingtun. :lol:

so.. if your from ory-gun, and you are an or-A-go-ni-an.... does that mean when you turn in homework at school, its in the shape of an or-a- ga-mi?

:blink:

Nice to meet you, too, Kitten. Always nice to have couples here and good luck on your visa journey.

thank you Don! it is really nice to see so many nice and humorous people here!

If you think they are humorous now.. wait until they try to talk serious...

hehehhehe..

:blink: