sending money with western union

In China,It is easy to make U S dollars to RMB.It is not so easy to make RMB into US dollars.You can put money in a U S dollar savings account that pays more interest than an equivalent RMB savings account.Some WU agents in China will not pay out in dollars,so this option may or may not be available in all locations.My wife is at her parents this summer,it is a 1 hour busride to get to a WU agent,in a bigger town.

Scrutinize your paperwork very carefully before leaving the WU agent,make sure everything is correct on the printout.Several times the clerk at the grocery stores have made typos.Causing much teeth gnashing.

long

great advice.. thanks long !

I have written it first name, paternal last name. I've used the WU in Chinatown when possible just because they do so much more transactions there to China. The last time I sent money cost me $14. I just entered the same amount at the WU website and their charge was $56. That's a whopping difference in the amount. I rather save that $42 for dinner for the two of us.

Guest DragonFlower

family name = last name

given name = first name

fill the form out like this,let the chinese people figure it out.

Just do not spell anything wrong or nobody gets any money.

long

Let me add to the confusion. I have written her first name in her first name section and the last name in it appropiate space. This is the way Chinatown does it. Believe it or not Chinatown has at least 5 WU within a couple of blocks. My SO has always received it without any problems. She has picked it up at the PO and also from a bank which WU has ties to without any difficulties. If one is too crowded I just go to the next store in line. I would just avoid the weekends because it's always crowded at that time.

dont know if this adds, but I reently did the WT thang (online i might add, and getting totalybent on the handling fee) I filledit out as her family name is last name, and so on, lust like we would fill out our own info. She got it hassle free.

But thanks gang for the tip about the store locations. Never again online.