RESPONSE FROM R. ADAMS

I just right now got an email from r. adams. it is 8:22 pm EST. owen and mick, you might want to email him or call his office right now, because he is in. i responded and thanked him for the email. great!!

Here is what he said:

Sure, they can come and see me. They should contact

> me themselves, though,

> to arrange the time.

Ana:

After receiving your PM I posted Richard Adams. Owen did likewise. We are waiting his response. I would have called but don't have the phone number of how to get at him directly. I think folks should send e-mails today and tomorrow supporting our cause. It will be a definite step in the right direction if this guy will give us an ear at least.

Ana:

After receiving your PM I posted Richard Adams. Owen did likewise. We are waiting his response. I would have called but don't have the phone number of how to get at him directly. I think folks should send e-mails today and tomorrow supporting our cause. It will be a definite step in the right direction if this guy will give us an ear at least.

I just sent a fax with the form letter that Mark (I think) wrote....hey we can form letter them to!! :lol:

At this point Richard Adams has said that he would have a meeting with us, but has not given us a date and time.

To be polite, the exchange of emails is quite trying. Here is the original message:

30-JAN-2003

Attn: Richard Adams

Duplicate request sent to Linda Donahue

Dear Mr. Adams,

My name is Roger Owen Krout. Dwight Turner and I will be going

to Guangzhou during the week of February 10 in the hopes of

meeting with you and other Consular Officers. We would like to formally request a meeting to discuss the delays applicants who interviewed between July and October of 2002 have experienced and continue to experience in receiving immigrant visas. My spouse is one of those applicants. Their case number is GUZxxxxxxxxxx

We intend to speak not only for ourselves but for all the thousands of

people adversely affected by the unfair manner in which they are

required to wait while newer applicants are given preference.

Please reply to this request as soon as possible at owenkrout@hotmail.com

or directly at xxx-xxxx-xxxx.

Thank you,

Roger Owen Krout

He keeps asking who wants to be at the meeting and when we want to meet. I fail to understand what is so difficult to understand about the message, but I have asked specifically for the date of Feb 10 and 2:00 PM in the last exchange (the seventh). He has not replied to that for about an hour. Probably out to lunch until 2:00 or later now.

I have continued to tell him that I will request that people stop sending letters on this subject after he gives us a definate time and date.

Owen, Mick, Ana,

I just sent my support email to Mr. Adams. I am out of town, and FAX is unavailable to me at this very moment, but I will FAX a follow up before the meeting. Let's hope we get good audience. Owen and Mick, I think I speak for all of us when I say, "Thank you very much. We appreciate your initiative and dedication." I wish I could be at the meeting with you, but I must stay here and meet my financial support requirements.

Ana, you have become quite proactive in our quest recently. You have been very helpful. It is a good feeling to see that we are beginning to work together on this board to coordinate our efforts. Eventually we WILL get the action we want. Give 'em hell, Owen! :rolleyes:

Adams seems to have dropped the discussion when it came to an actual time and date for the meeting. He has not responed to two emails since shortly after 11:00 AM (Now 5:00PM) That must have been a heck of a lunch break.

Therefore we are now pressing Linda Donahue also. No response to that and we go to Norris' office and Harty with a complaint.

Actually you wouldn't believe the thread of this message exchange we have.

Just to add to what Owen just posted, Mr. Adams has not responded to my latest e-mail either, at least as of 5PM. I did receive the same thread that Owen mentions which, quite frankly, seemed like a communication right out of the Bizarro World. For a while this afternoon I actually thought I was going to go nuts reading through this thread. It was like the old "Who's On First" routine come to life. :( :angry: :wacko:

We'll keep you posted and, again, for those of you who took the time to send e-mails and faxes, thanks so much for your support.