Safety When She Gets Here

I think i'm in a "safe" part Atlanta, quiet ... family neighborhood... but a lot of it depends not putting yourself in vunerable situations, like being out alone at night..

I agree wholeheartedly. Also, I think one's attitude is important - not acting or looking vulnerable. Sometimes when I'm out, I've got to take on that New York walk attitude - I know what I'm doing, I'm on a mission, don't f**k with me. Unfortunately, it's a lot easier for an American male to do this in China that for a Chinese female to do this in America.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact your local Police Department, I am sure they regularly offer Self Defense instructions for women.

Contact your local Police Department, I am sure they regularly offer Self Defense instructions for women.

135734[/snapback]

Maybe.... I guess self defense is better "to know it than not know it." but self defense doesn't work very well sometimes with someone who looks for women who are weaker and vunerable. I told my SO that she should not go places by herself at night, even though many crimes are committed in broad daylight.... I don't want to make her paranoid.

last year in Shanghai, she went to a ATM, I guess someone watched her getting money and the basically set her up to be robbed. I'm glad she didn't get hurt.

135734[/snapback]

Maybe.... I guess self defense is better "to know it than not know it." but self defense doesn't work very well sometimes with someone who looks for women who are weaker and vunerable. I told my SO that she should not go places by herself at night, even though many crimes are committed in broad daylight.... I don't want to make her paranoid.

last year in Shanghai, she went to a ATM, I guess someone watched her getting money and the basically set her up to be robbed. I'm glad she didn't get hurt.

135849[/snapback]

After thinking more about this after my previous post, I think this would be a good idea, mostly they know a lot of the "set up" situations or "hot spots" and things to look out for. But who is safe now a days? Lot's of people here in the south have guns in thier cars.... I don't! I own a gun, but I keep it locked and unloaded and never take it from the house. I grew up in NYC and I didn't own a gun until the Y2K, 5 years ago. I was afraid to own a gun in NYC... I was always afraid some fool would cause me to shoot them, so I never got one then. Everyone had them, but me. here in the south, I have one now. I want to think that I would call the police if I had a problem instead of being on the morning news the next morning like many fools in this country.