Safety When She Gets Here

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been 5 mt. lion sightings near the bike trail in the last week. So she is driving to school each night.

I think pepper spray is a good way to go as well as something that will make a lot of noise.

aah, a whistle will be good. She'll be in a pretty public place the whole time...and not during bad hours. I like it. Plus, nobody's hurt if she accidentally uses it in a panic.

Only 26 more days!!! :redblob: :wub: :redblob:

Frank- I think it is nice that you have been able to shield Jingwen from the bad parts of the city. I tried to do that with my husband in Memphis as well- but I always seem to get lost in the worst parts of town. My husband says I have a fetish for bad parts of town.

You should tell him you are only trying to find Graceland. :lol:

I think i'm in a "safe" part Atlanta, quiet ... family neighborhood... but a lot of it depends not putting yourself in vunerable situations, like being out alone at night.. of course she is safe with me, but when she gets a job, situations might change, there is more violent street crime in the US than China. Martial arts might be a consideration.... awareness is a big key also. This thread gives food for thought.

Jenny was very concerned about her safety. In fact she insisted that I buy a house with the master bedroom on the second floor so she would be safe if someone broke in.

Think she may feel the opposite soon out here with the goats and sheep. Haven't locked my door since moving in

yup, second floor bedroom was an important requirement here, too.

Jenny was very concerned about her safety. In fact she insisted that I buy a house with the master bedroom on the second floor so she would be safe if someone broke in.

Think she may feel the opposite soon out here with the goats and sheep. Haven't locked my door since moving in

yup, second floor bedroom was an important requirement here, too.

How about fire escape from second floor?

Personal safety is something that should become second nature. Be aware and avoid obvious problems.

Paul you live in a neighborhood that has both goats and sheep? How much better can it get?

Personal safety is something that should become second nature. Be aware and avoid obvious problems.

Paul you live in a neighborhood that has both goats and sheep? How much better can it get?

Dan are you saying they will have a varieity of dinner choices? :lol: :lol:

While KC has it's share of crime and stupidity, our house is in a very quiet area of town where neighbors actually know each other's names and socialize.