Shipping important documents to and from China

Hello,

My fiancee and i are at a point where there will be some important documents being sent between Australia and China. My fiancee will first be sending a notarized authorization statement to allow my fiancee's sister to pick up notarial certificates on her behalf. And then my fiancee's sister will be shipping the notarial certificates (birth and criminal record) from China to Australia.

I am concerned about the time it will take for shipping and how safe it will be. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ship? Also, any ideas on how long we can expect the mail to take and how reliable it is?

I know most people here seem to be shipping from the US... so i'll just have to trust Australia Posts' "express" services, i think... but how about shipping FROM China?

Thanks so much :lol:

Audelair,

My wife and I have sent numerous shipments back and forth from China to the US without so much as a hiccup. I would think Australia's post is just as sound. As long as you can track the package, then really it should be OK. You might want to check with your post and see if they use EMS. On US postal forms, there is the EMS logo at the bottom. Sort of reassuring. Key things: Must be able to track package. Use "Global Express". Should run around $20US or so. Hope this helps.

Dave :blink:

thanks for the reassurance! my fiancee just did the fastest express courier service using Australia Post. They say it should take less than a week. I hope her sister will find a good fast service in China for shipping back to Australia. Glad to hear you all have had good experiences shipping back and forth :)

thanks for the reassurance!  my fiancee just did the fastest express courier service using Australia Post.  They say it should take less than a week.  I hope her sister will find a good fast service in China for shipping back to Australia.  Glad to hear you all have had good experiences shipping back and forth :)

There is only one post...and they send it EMS. She can try DHL, FEDEX, etc...but it gets pricey...

Dave B)

I like using FEDEX to ship docus from China to States, it takes 2 days, price would be about USD30, and the thing I like it using FEDEX I can trace whether or not the parcel has been signed by the receiver.

Mabbe using TNT would be better than FEDEX to ship docus to Australia.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Send US Postal Global Express Mail, making sure you get 100% tracking capability so that you can know where the package is at all times, bottlenecks etc.

J & L