CR1 Filed. Is I129F Required

The I-129F (for a K-3 visa in your case) is not required. The idea behind going after the K-3 was to allow your spouse to come to the US while the CR-1 (I-130) was being processed. It is not required, and some people just go with the CR-1. Others go after both, essentially playing the lottery as to which will get processed first.

Others going through the CR-1/K-3 can probably tell you if it's worth your while to now apply for the K-3 since you're already 2+ months into the CR-1 process.

The lawyers I hired only filed I130 forms for the SO and child.  In my reading it seems that someone needs to also file a I129F with the I797C.

I'm confused.  Can anyone explain this is simple terms.

You would file an I-129F with a copy of the I-130 NOA, including other supporting evidence, if you want to petition for a K3, K4 visa.

i filed both but now regret spending the money.  The 129f has sat there since nov 2.  I just got an rfe from them for my biographical data from my passport.  My cr1 is in customs delay in Guz. :rolleyes:  :(

you say that now.. but what if the CR1 had fallen into a black hole.. you'd be singing a different tune ! :D