Is Guangzhou slowing down for move?

Called DOS today, nothing scheduled for our interview as of yet.

E-mailed Guangzhou and got the "about two months" note yesterday.

A friend (from Chicago) whom I met while in China was about 3 weeks ahead of us. Our P3 was 3/11/05. So they were the third week in February. They received their P4 May 15th, had their interview June 14th (received visa). (he did not go - only once to China)

I figured we would have heard something by now, but nothing.

I am wondering if they are holding back for their move??????????

Our projected P4 on Candle for Love was June 14, interview first scheduled for July 14, now July 29th.

:angry:

Called DOS today, nothing scheduled for our interview as of yet.

E-mailed Guangzhou and got the "about two months" note yesterday.

A friend (from Chicago) whom I met while in China was about 3 weeks ahead of us. Our P3 was 3/11/05. So they were the third week in February. They received their P4 May 15th, had their interview June 14th (received visa). (he did not go - only once to China)

I figured we would have heard something by now, but nothing.

I am wondering if they are holding back for their move??????????

Our projected P4 on Candle for Love was June 14, interview first scheduled for July 14, now July 29th.

:angry:

My understanding is there was a push to get in extra interviews in June.. so your friend was lucky enough to fall into that group...

Looking at 001 today, the last 10 days of June they have 54 interviews... for all of july only 9 so far.

Looking at our CFL interviews, the last 10 days has 6 interviews and 1 in july..

Ironically, both are posting a 6:1 ratio !

I'd also question how much padding of resources has been relegated to processing student visas again this year. (If memory serves me right) Things got REALLY slow for K visas during this period a year back (not many CR's were being approved so quickly last year). Maybe, Nooneufo or Mark will spit out some stats. acw