still no change from cal ser. center.

:wub:  I can't believe it, well, yes I can.  It has been since late april, early may since cal. ser. cen. has moved forward on their processing date(feb.28)  Our reciept date is April 4.  I feel as though they will never move forward.  We're not even in the line yet. :wub:

I think the going timeline now for CSC for I-130 is about 2-3 months.. so you're close. Some at Visa Journey are saying that the processing dates don't appear to be adjusted but seems that people are receiving approvals...

After this, then probably at least 3 months at NVC.. then about 5 or so at GUZ...

Welcome to the CFL waiting room...

:D  I can't believe it, well, yes I can.  It has been since late april, early may since cal. ser. cen. has moved forward on their processing date(feb.28)  Our reciept date is April 4.  I feel as though they will never move forward.  We're not even in the line yet. :(

You have my sympathies :( not that it helps, but I remember when I lived waiting for those updates and how disheartning it was when they moved 2 days in a three week time frame, or not at all :wub: keep your head up, it is all worth it and one day it will be done :wub:

:D  I can't believe it, well, yes I can.  It has been since late april, early may since cal. ser. cen. has moved forward on their processing date(feb.28)  Our reciept date is April 4.  I feel as though they will never move forward.  We're not even in the line yet. :(

We're in the same boat brother. Our papers have the same timeline; sent to TSC, transferred to CSC.

just to ask a question, did most of you who got married and then applied for the visa think it would be a faster process?? i know K3 and cr1 are the longest, and K1 is the fastest, just wonder if anyone looked into this prior to getting married.

any thoughts on this? whats the longest way? k1,k3 cr1?

mike

just to ask a question, did most of you who got married and then applied for the visa think it would be a faster process?? i know K3 and cr1 are the longest, and K1 is the fastest, just wonder if anyone looked into this prior to getting married.

mike

No. I didn't think it made any difference.

I didn't do much research before I applied for the "K-3" I used an immigration

service to file my papers at first. I was told that the "K-3" was the fastest way

to get her here. Wow, if I would have only known? I would have went the "K-1" route. I can't make heads or tails of any of this process!!!

The only thing to do is keep a good attitude and do lots of praying!

To be quite frank, I had only read about getting married on the us embassy site, china. We didn't know if we would get married. we only knew we liked each other very much, over the internet. We had a few phone calls also.

We decided to meet, if the chemistry was there, we would marry. I would then spend a month in china with her. If no chemistry, She would be my friend, and tour quide in china for two weeks.

I'm happy to say, I spent a wonderfull month in china, with my new wife :unsure:

mike

I only read the information from US Embassy and Consulate websites, and I never investigared the difference in timelines among the K1, K3, CR1 visas. I only knew that K3 is supposed to be the fastest to get laopo here. If I had to do it over, it probably will be the same route. Most likely no K1 as a choice. I would not let visa processing get in the way of marriage. In my case, mutual feelings and human relationship supercedes and conquers all visa obstacles. It's just too bad the US government is so contradictory on family values despite all the ballyhoos about it.

We were well versed and rehearsed before deciding. Things were a lot different a year ago in May too.

The government seems to have decided OTHERWISE for us anyways!

A K-1 at CSC was a VERY lenghty process (also needs advance parole- parents are elderly/ family commitment was desired).

A K-3 at MSC was 3-4 months and this is what we THOUGHT we were going to get (no advance parole, solid commitment, derivative status for child). The government web site still says the K-3 is a way to get your spouse/step-child here in a timely manner awaiting the I-130 process.

A CR-1 at CSC- NO WAY!- it was taking about 18 months to get the initial I-130 approval (no derivative status, too long forget it!) Guess what? We are CR-1 now. acw

I had time to research before I could apply. Decided that K-1 would be best for us and learned that I would be cursed with Nebraska. :D As it turned out, I slipped thru NSC in slightly less than 90 days. It seems that since then NSC has slowed again.

Every step of the way and your indiviudual result at that step seems to be a total crapshoot. Maybe you are lucky, maybe you are not.

I am keeping all body parts crossed. Wishing good luck and progress to those how have met some delays