Civil Surgeons

We are still waiting for July 8th to get her medical check up.  She came over with a K-1 visa, with the medical exam to get over here in the first place, yet still they requested an additional one. :angry:

Mark: Call a number of civil surgeons until you find one that knows the rules a little better!

It seems that some of these "civil" surgeons are so accustomed to taking advantage of unknowing immigrants that they are starting to make their own rules!

Just my 2 yuan, of course!

Unfortunately, this was requested by the USCIS. I got the yellow slip asking for additional evidence. <_<

Sorry I mis-understood! Why would USCIS want another one? GZ would not have let her get a visa if she didn't have one in her paperwork! Strange!!

Maybe they lost the first one and don't want to admit it! :o

I hope everything works out for you! B)

We are still waiting for July 8th to get her medical check up.  She came over with a K-1 visa, with the medical exam to get over here in the first place, yet still they requested an additional one. :lol:

Mark: Call a number of civil surgeons until you find one that knows the rules a little better!

It seems that some of these "civil" surgeons are so accustomed to taking advantage of unknowing immigrants that they are starting to make their own rules!

Just my 2 yuan, of course!

Unfortunately, this was requested by the USCIS. I got the yellow slip asking for additional evidence. :wacko:

Sorry I mis-understood! Why would USCIS want another one? GZ would not have let her get a visa if she didn't have one in her paperwork! Strange!!

Maybe they lost the first one and don't want to admit it! :lol:

I hope everything works out for you! B)

That is very strange. :lol: You got the visa and then they asked for additional evidence? What kind of evidence could they possibly need after you came here?

I'm confused regarding the vaccination issue, I read in the instructions for the AOS that a medical examination is not needed for K-1's, only a vaccination supplement, but I recall now that in the past days I checked the list of authorized civil surgeons and there were none listed for Puerto Rico. I'm now wondering if hubby can get the vaccination at any doctor's office????

Gene is right you can get the vaccinations anywhere but they must be signed off on by a civil surgeon to get the I-693 supplimental. Your husband won't need another examination if he has had one for K-1 less than a year ago. Some civil surgeons will try to tell you different. As for none being listed for PR I am stumped. I would search the USCIS website for an answer or call, write or email your local immigration office for an answer. You may be able to contact a civil surgeon on the mainland and mail them your papers to sign off on. I don't think it is a requirement that they see him in person.