Employment letter, bank statement

I was reading through David's FAQ -- David, it's such a fabulous document. Thanks so much for your efforts on this!

But I have a question about something mentioned in the FAQ, under the "Financial Statement and Employment Letter" section:

CFL] DOS told him that the letters from the employer and the bank letters cannot be any older than 45 days from the day of the interview in Guangzhou.

Is that really true? I have a hard time believing this because, when you get the P3, you have to prepare all of your evidence at that time and then report to GUZ that everything is in place (including an employment letter and other financial evidence such as bank statement). So how is it that you have to tell them you have all of the evidence at the time of receiving the P3, but yet they won't accept it if it's older than 45 days from the day of the interview?

Doesn't make sense to me -- if that's the case, then when you send back the P3 checklist, wouldn't you be lying in telling them you have all of the evidence requested?

The affidavit of support says that it is valid within 6 months of signing, which also goes against this 45-day "rule":

The sponsored immigrant must submit the affidavit of support to the Government within 6 months of its signature.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Just to clarify.. the FAQ is a collection of mostly comments from experience.. not always a hard and fast rule... what someone felt or believed at the time. I did almost strike that one since I think 45 days is not realistic...

As for the P3, the general rule is to NOT prepare the documents but send back the checklist. It is possible that if you prepare something on the checklist before sending back the P3, it could be too old for the interview.

--

It would be good to hear from others about when to best prepare the P3 documents to ensure GUZ will accept them...

I do remember the 45 day finacial info thing and it was someone that they were hasseling and used that to give them a blue slip. :) So basicly don't worry about that, I think I would have as current as possible information though.

I do remember the 45 day finacial info thing and it was someone that they were hasseling and used that to give them a blue slip. :) So basicly don't worry about that, I think I would have as current as possible information though.

If you had to put a time on it, what would it be? Is it 60 days, 90 days old ok?

Keep in mind that the Gov documents instructions, etc. are written for the rest of the world. That place where the P3 is followed very shortly by the P4 and interview. We have to adjust everything for the GUZ timeline. By that logic you would wait to prepare your letter closer to the interview so that it is not more than 45 days old.

No where else in the world is a expired NOA2 considered normal :rolleyes:

I was considering having my brother prepare the I-864 (as a joint sponsor) before i leave for Australia. By the time of the interview (DCF in Australia), it might be about 3 months old. I thought the FORM itself can be 6 months, but they might ask for more recent pay stub or letters as evidence?

I figured if i need it, i can have him send me his electronic paystubs and i can print them out right before the interview. Does that sound like a decent plan?