Alex- the same exact thing happened with our visa- I was in China but my Mom went to our Congressman's office for us and they found out where it was- and it had already been sent to GZ by then- no packet 1 or anything- about a month later we got P-3, it was ridiculous. My lawyer didn't know anything about it. What goobers!

I'm coming to regret that I even used a lawyer now. Stupid legal assistant (2nd one now on my case) just sent me informtion request for the same data that I gave 3 months ago.

I wish I had had the courage and trust of forums like CFL and VJ and done it myself.

The only lawyer I got with scared me off pretty fast, his filing system was piles of files and the forms he gave me were all outdated versions. Figured I could at least download the current versions of the documents. :)

His estimation on a K-1 was 12 months from China and if the interview projections are close we¡¯ll make it in 9 months without the additional expense and aggravation of dealing with someone who is less informative than GZ. :P

Alex,

It is so good to hear that things are moving forward with your case. And even better to hear that you are still hanging in there with your so. Don't give up.

And that lawyer is ridiculous! Apparently, he did nothing but stall your case. Like others have said, I have some suspicions that he may be behind that 3rd party coorespondence. Who else knows enough about your case to draft such a letter? But regardless, you should demand a refund.

• 5 weeks later...

Hang tough alex, looks like some progress......

Hi Alex,

I too was given the runaround by my lawyer, which led to at least 6 months in delays and a lot of misery on both ends of the Pacific. Actually, this is what led me to CFL. I guess I can say that one good thing that came of it.

Try to hang in there though, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I will be picking up my SO at JFK tomorrow at 2:30PM. My lawyer has not contacted me since December of last year, advising there was nothing she could do to expedite a process which she advised would take "2-3 months" :lol:

I have decided not to try and get a refund of my money because it would not be worth the time and effort. Instead, once my SO arrives and is safely in the States, I will file complaints with the bar association and the immigration lawyers association. It is criminal what these people will do to get your money and then scr%w you.

Our best wishes are with the both of you.

- Jon

We're all rooting for you!!!