American Citizen Hour

Today Joanna and I visited the American consulate in GZ. Only I could get in, since she is not a citizen. She stayed in a restraut near-by drinking some tea.

Anyway, I arrived at the consulate at about 2:50 pm for the US citizen hour in GZ. I was asked for my passport, and given a yellow pastic block with a number on it. I passed though security, and went to the right side of the consulate. I entered the waiting room, where several others followed.

Most of the people where Chinese ancestory. There was only one other guy like myself there. The staff asked who was there that had an interview for the benificary before -- they got a number on a purple piece of paper. The people who had not gotten an interview yet got a number on a pink piece of paper. I had #15, on pink.

Also, we were asked to give our name, the benificaries name, and our case # on a piece of paper, so they could note that we were there at that time. I added my name, Joanna's name, and our case number. We also took some pictures of the area too :-).

Most of the questions that were asked were about specific case information. I asked two general questions:

Where will the new consulate be located ?

A: We will post this information on our website -- They mentioned some East GZ train station, I didn't catch which one.

Will we be able to go to the interview with the benificary ?

A: NO.