The statement that "it is a standard process, independent of country" is completely wrong. There are some standard procedures, but in companies where there is higher-fraud, there is definitely more checking that is done.

I don't see my original statement as any different than what your saying.. but you didn't quote the rest of my statement.

I think the overall process is standard (go through Visa Center to NVC to Consulate), but I then stated the length of time and staffing is not the same in all countries... the length of time issue is different because of trying to 'weed out fraud' as I stated just before this section... ergo, where there is expectation of higher fraud there is more checks and longer times...

Sorry if I read your post wrong. However, I do think there are additional procedures (such as 2nd name checks) that we have to go through that other countries don't.

Just to make it clear what I think has happened in China, Vietnam, and other high-fraud countries.

1. Things are percolating along (never fast enough for us)

2. US govt catches fraud ring in states

3. Consulate manager freaks out, enters CYA mode

4. VISAs trickle out while the problem is studied

5. VISAs trickle out while new policies are formulated

6. VISAs trickle out while new policies are implemented

7. Consulate is now more understaffed than previously

8. They are still constrained by previous year's budget

9. Even if they had money to hire, it takes time to hire

10. Even after people are hired, it takes time to train them

11. While new people are being trained, existing people have

to take time to train them. So in the short term the existing

people are less productive.

Add it all up, and it equals big delays for 1-2 years after the fraud ring was discovered.

That's my theory in a nutshell.

Think your right.

sounds governmental to me.

:blink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic