Fiance and Child

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

My fiance has a 14 yo child. Are there any specific hurdles or difficulties that we can expect? Naturally, we want her daughter's visa to be issused at the same time.

Thanks

J & L

Guest Gene

Make sure you have documents of custody and I have heard of others who were asked for proof of permission from the father.

We were not asked to provide any of these, but we had it just in case.

It's pretty simple. Just be sure you include the child.  Usualy you only need the divorce  decree stating that she has custody.

The PRC and the USA are both signatures to an international treaty effective November, 2004 that requires the non-custodial parent's permission for the child to leave the country with the other parent.

So get a notarized document from the X.

If you wish I'll provide you with the wording we have.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Lan is a widow, so she has sole custody of her daughter. I indicated her daughter on the I-129F, and also included a copy of her birth certificate accompanied by a certified English translation. I didn't see any requirement to complete a G-325A for her, so did not fill one out with the package. They only requested photos of the petitioner and beneficiary, but I also included a photo of the daughter.

It's great to hear from those of you who are going through this....

Thanks...

J & L

Since we are on this step-children topic, I have a question for whoever that can answer. Less say that your fiance or wife has not been married before but have a child with her Ex-boy, but the Ex-boy abandon the child and mother, dont give a craps about them since the child was born, do you/faince/wife go to the court in china to get full custody paper/form or where to get form?

ckhang - Get it from the Provincial Court that she has full "ownership" custody of the child. The Court may request the "deadbeat" dad to sign release of obligation, but of course deadbeat is nowhere to be found. Except if deadbeat hears that child is going to US, then deadbeat may ask for ransom, i.e. request payment to give permission for child to go to US. It makes no difference if deadbeat never contributed a cent to the raising of the child. Believe it or not, that's how it is in China if there was marriage. But on this case, unmarried situation, I don't know. Better get that paper pronto quickly.

Since we are on this step-children topic, I have a question for whoever that can answer.  Less say that your fiance or wife has not been married before but have a child with her Ex-boy, but the Ex-boy abandon the child and mother, dont give a craps about them since the child was born, do you/faince/wife go to the court in china to get full custody paper/form or where to get form?

This was my SO's story. She has a custody decree from a court giving her full custody and has a notarized statement from the childs father allowing her to take the child out of China.

This was my SO's story. She has a custody decree from a court giving her full custody and has a notarized statement from the childs father allowing her to take the child out of China.

That stinks, I dont think my Laopo wants to deal with the father.

Thanks so much for the information bubbafred10 and BuffaloPaul.