vaccination suppliment

It's the last three on the list that she had to get. The others I believe are for Children as my stepdaughter needed all of them.

Thank you. Does the designated civil surgeon need to sign the form I-693 for the shots?

It's the last three on the list that she had to get. The others I believe are for Children as my stepdaughter needed all of them.

Thank you. Does the designated civil surgeon need to sign the form I-693 for the shots?

Yup, he will give you the vacc supplement form in a sealed envelope for your interview!

After having just done this step let me tell you, there is no standard!

Almost every civil surgeon I talked to gave me different info!

She should be exempt from all of the childhood imunizations, as these are not indicated for an adult. The influenza is only given in wintertime. The Pneumococcal is only for people 65 or over. If she has a chickenpox scar on her arm, then that vaccine is not indicated. This only leaves MMR (Measels, Mumps and Rubella) and tetanus. Amy told the doc that she had the MMR shot as a child and as a result she only had to get a tetanus shot. She showed the doc her yellow vaccination book (which has no English in it) and the doc bought her story.

Another factor is if she is in childbearing years, as this will mean that several immunizations should not be given and you can save her arm and your wallet from a lot of grief!

In other words, check out a lot of civil surgeons before you go to one so you can make an informed decision!!

Just did it yesterday. I'm sorry to say I don't remember which three but I believe the guy was saying it depends on your age as well.

One thing to note though: he told us afterwards that most insurance companies will not pay for immigration physicals/innoculations, however some people get them first with their regular doctor as regular work, charge that to the insurance company, and then take the results to the civil surgeon. Could have saved some money that way and had a trusted doctor stick the needle in.

I made an appointment this morning with a designated doctor in Roanoke, VA.

I was told that the necessary shots are tetanus, MMR, and a chicken pox vaccination if the patient has never had the chicken pox. My wife has had the chicken pox so she won't need that shot.

The other thing was the TB test? I told the nurse my wife still has her x-ray from GZ. The nurse said to bring it with us.

The nurse also said that the shots can be given by the local health dept.

The doctor's visit will cost us $178.

I made an appointment this morning with a designated doctor in Roanoke, VA.

I was told that the necessary shots are tetanus, MMR, and a chicken pox vaccination if the patient has never had the chicken pox. My wife has had the chicken pox so she won't need that shot.

The other thing was the TB test? I told the nurse my wife still has her x-ray from GZ. The nurse said to bring it with us.

The nurse also said that the shots can be given by the local health dept.

The doctor's visit will cost us $178.

TB test should have been done as part of the medical exam - this is a vaccine supplement, not addittional tests at the whim of the doc.

If you can get the tests done at a county health dept., then you can bring the results to the civil surgeon and they will sign off on them.

I paid $35 for the tetanus shot and $20 (that they didn't tell me about that one on the phone) to fill out the form. Still got off pretty cheap . . .

TB test should have been done as part of the medical exam -  this is a vaccine supplement, not addittional tests at the whim of the doc.

If you can get the tests done at a county health dept., then you can bring the results to the civil surgeon and they will sign off on them.

I paid $35 for the tetanus shot and $20 (that they didn't tell me about that one on the phone) to fill out the form. Still got off pretty cheap . . .

I got shots yesterday afternoon. We got them at a county health dept. which cost us $10.00 total for two shots, MMR and Tetanus & Diphtheria toxoids. Then we took the shots record, the yellow paper, to a civil surgeon, and he signed on a form, somthing like "supplement form to I-693" and sealed it which costs us $30.00. So total fee is $40.00. It is not bad. I think it is the correct form we should submit with I-485 application.

The supplement form to I-693 is the right form and it does need to stay sealed. The civil sergeon should have given you a copy of the form for you to have also but it is not absolutely necessary that you have it.

Hows her arm? Amy's arm still has a small knot in it from the one shot!

My arms feel ok, no knot now, but if I stretch my arms up and backward, they feel just a little bit hurt.