AOS Interview coming up

Julia's AOS interview is scheduled for July 6th. (San Antonio, Tx)

Amongst the other usual myriad of documents they ask for, the instructions say that if the applicant doesn't speak fluent English, we must have a translator. Furthermore, it must be someone not interested in the case. I.e., I can't translate for her.

Has anyone here had experience with this aspect? Do they ask complicated questions?

From what I've seen posted in the past few weeks, AOS interviews have been fairly straightforward.

Hey Lee!!!! We did the interview a couple weekds ago. Fortunatley Syl asnd her husband Hengli came to our rescue and provided us with a translator. The interview was very straight forward but I dounbt we could have done it without the use of Syls hubby. My wife anwsered many of the questions in English but i could not have gotten her to understand things like "have you ever tried to over throw the US governement"

If you have a long drive to the UCIS interview I would strongly suggest you find a translator (maybe the local chinese commmunity or local college). This is one of the few things that you simply can't mail in and may cause you to need to come back. Our drive was 500 miles round trip so taking the chance was out of the question.

Good luck man, I can't tell you how good it feels once the green card is issued--It's a closure thing!!

Bing and I took a translator. Unless your wife is fluent in English I would recommend that you do. There are some legal mumbo jumbo they will need to tell her if nothing else. As you already noted you can't translate for her and if the interviewing officer doesn't think her english is up to the task they can make you come back at a later date with one.

Bing and I took a translator.  Unless your wife is fluent in English I would recommend that you do.  There are some legal mumbo jumbo they will need to tell her if nothing else.  As you already noted you can't translate for her and if the interviewing officer doesn't think her english is up to the task they can make you come back at a later date with one.

I translated and answered some of the questions

In both wife and stepsons interviews for AOS.

Twas never told I couldn't durning the interview..

I was expecting it though, but they never whipped me for doing it.

That was two differant AOS interviewers. I think Portland is just easy for this process as you get your green card a month after interview and other places in the country takes much longer...