I-864 & tax returns

My dad is a cosponsor for my husband, and I have both his and my tax returns from the last three years. They are very very thick! Do they need to see all those pages at the interview or just the first one or what? Also what happens to the I-864 and supporting evidence, do they keep them or just look and hand them back?

Thanks!

I think you only need the income tax return summary and the form W-2. No need send the whole thing. The summary can be ordered upon request.

Be careful. For a joint sponsor, the requirement may be different. This is from http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...info_1329.html:

For Joint Sponsor

II. Joint Sponsor''s documents (if required):

Federal Income Tax Returns: Complete Federal income tax returns with all supporting schedules for the 3 most recent tax years.

Each year''s return must have all pages in the correct order and must be stapled together.

If you don''t have your tax returns or you filed electronically, call the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at I-800-829-1040 to get printouts of your Federal income tax returns for the last three years. Ask for printouts of your tax returns or Letter 1722, which is a summary of your tax returns. This service is free from IRS.

Submit W-2 forms if you filed joint tax returns and you are using only your income to sponsor.