Great Asian Store

Found a store that beats the K & S hands down. Diana and I went to the K & S and it was ok but we found a much better one by accident on the corner of Bell Road and Old Murfreesboro Road that smelled much cleaner and had things we have not seen anywhere else before even in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. It is right next door to a Good Will store and has many things to choose from. Trigg and Mick should give it a try.

I don't know if the smell in Asian food stores is from a lack of cleanliness, it could be just from where a bottle of fish sauce got broken or one of those other weird bottles of stuff, then you got the smell of the seaweed, the fruit, the funky smell of some of the green vegetables, the smell coming from the live fish tanks, the smells coming from the fish market area, combined with the smell of the duck roasting, bread baking, meats being cut up, giant pork skins cooking in oil, and huge piles of garlic and onions emanating major smells, all these combined together provide an olfactory experience that makes you glad that your nose is 40,000 times less keen than a bloodhound.

It is my wife the asian that complains about the smell of certain asian stores we visit sometimes. She does not like the smell of certain ones here just like she did not like the smell or look of certain ones in Changsha. Of course both her parents are doctors and have always been extra careful about some things even from a Chinese perspective.

Diana says it is similar to house groups in China. The people were real nice and welcoming. About 30 or 40 people who share a building with the Natchez Trace Church of Christ, there are a few American people and some of them even speak Chinese so good you would think they really were Chinese.