• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone with the SO.

She wants me to buy a Jeep.

Glad I don't have to buy a BMW.

Both are expensive. I hope she knows how to drive.

both are superfluous...

Wranglers are actually very reasonable, and used ones with the 4 cylinder are rather cheap.

We were traveling to the Great Wall, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee passed us. Grand Cherokees are not seen that often in China. Our driver asked if this was an expensive car in America. I said more expensive than some, less than others. He said he couldn't afford to drive because of the gas consumption adding that in China this type of car was called a "petrol tiger". I laughed at the similarity, saying in America it's called a "gas hog".

My fiancee would like a Porche. She likes to tease me about that because she knows that we can't afford one.

I sent her a Hot Wheels Porche to be funny. :greenblob:

After she arrives we will go car shopping. She prefers white or silver and not Japanese.

Mark get her driver's license and add her to your insurance first before shopping.

Does every state's insurance charge more than double for adult new drivers like California? It will be like having a teen driver all over again :greenblob:

Shop carefully some insurance will accept Chinese driving experience with documentation as being an experienced rather than new driver. That should save over $1000 per year for the first three years. Enough for the down payment.

Just got off the phone with the SO.

She wants me to buy a Jeep.

Glad I don't have to buy a BMW.

Both are expensive. I hope she knows how to drive.

both are superfluous...

What? The expense and the license?

Gas guzzler when gas is over $2.13 a gallon here and expensive to insure these cars for new drivers.

I thought most members said Chinese girls are fugal and not materialistic like American girls. :P :lol:

Gas guzzler when gas is over $2.13 a gallon here and expensive to insure these cars for new drivers. 

I thought most members said Chinese girls are fugal and not materialistic like American girls.    :D  :lol:

Tony something just doesn't match here. Unless maybe frugal means in Chinese don't spend much on little things, we need big money for big things. :lol:

Red light means stop.

Gotta finish the training. Red light mean stop. Green light means go. Yellow light means go faster. :lol:

Rule of "Right of Way" in China.

The biggest has the right of way.

Unless you are a cop, then you can walk down the middle of the street

at rush hour. I've seen that.

A cop on foot points to a car to pull over then walks though traffic to talk to the driver.