Letter to Maura Harty

As most of you know my stepson died last week. I am working a letter to look into expiditing Ying's visa so she can get away from from all the reminders of her son.

I am working on a letter to Maura Harty, with copies and translations of Peter's birth and death certificates. I will also send copies to my congressman and the senators from my home state to see if they can help.

Should I let Maura know that I will also be contacting them and could this possibly light a fire and possibly get things happening faster?

I would appreciate any suggestions

Carl,

The one person who could really speed up your interview day is Maura Harty, you don't have to tell her that you're contacting the senator and congressman, she will make it happen, believe me, as you have a good reason for it. Just make sure that you scan and send the evidence to her. I wish you the best of lucks.

This is a copy of the letter I sent to Maura Harty.....tell me what you guys think.

TO: Secretary Maura Harty

2201 C Street NW

Room 6811

Washington DC 20520

202-647-9576

hartyma@state.gov

XXXXXXXXXX

Kerrville, TX 78XXX

830-XXX-XXXX

Dear Secretary Harty,

My name is Carl Edward Sharp. I¡¯m writing you as a US citizen involved in the visa process to bring my wife, Ying Jiang, who lives in China. I started the visa process in September 2004 applying for a CR-1 visa. Our NVC case number is GUZ2005XXXXXX. As of this date I have paid the Visa Fee Bill and am waiting for the DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration. Ying had a young 6 year old son named He Meng Zhan also known as Peter. Peter was born with a heart defect, but four years ago Ying was able to have the damage repaired by an American trained heart surgeon in South Korea. Our plan were for Ying leave Peter with her parents in China when she came to the United States, until we could establish a secure home for him then apply for his visa within the next year.

However recent events have caused these plans to go awry. On May 24th when Ying logged on for our nightly chat she told me that while Peter was at school he collapsed from a heart attack. He was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Ying has been devastated by this recent event, and I am worried for her well being. She has lost the one person she loved more than anyone else in her life. Even though she has a large family, she feels she is effectively alone in her life without her husband and now her son. I feel that as long as Ying is in China she will be unable to effectively deal with her grief. Life in China for a single mother is hard enough when the father does not involve himself in the child¡¯s life, but when that woman loses that child the difficulties are compounded with nobody to turn to assuage her grief.

I am contacting you to inquire about possibly expediting Ying¡¯s CR-1 visa due to extenuating circumstances. Ying needs a new start in a new environment where she can start anew with a new husband and a new family. As it stands now the visa process will cause Ying and I to miss our first wedding anniversary. That fact alone is enough to cause us great distress, but the added death of her son has greatly affected the both of us.

I am attaching copies and translations of He Meng Zhan¡¯s birth and death certificates to substantiate my requests. I sincerely hope you can help us.

Thank You

Carl E. Sharp