k-3 visa fee in beijing

Maybe it's time to research this out. Now don't laugh David, but I'm going to e-mail the consulat in Shanghai with this question so I guess we will get two answers, first, if the respond any better than GZ, and second, whether or not fees can be paid outside of GZ. I'll let you know what they say, if anything.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's time to research this out. Now don't laugh David, but I'm going to e-mail the consulat in Shanghai with this question so I guess we will get two answers, first, if the respond any better than GZ, and second, whether or not fees can be paid outside of GZ. I'll let you know what they say, if anything.

I'm laughing because I beat you to it ! :wacko: Sent an email after posting my thread....

But go ahead anyway, we'll compare replies !

I'm laughing because I beat you to it ! :D Sent an email after posting my thread....

Well I didn't find an e-mail address for Shanghai, so I e-mailed my favorite place. :wacko: It's late and I must get to sleep. Let's see what GZ says. Now watch, they will tell me Jen will have her interview in 2 to 3 months. :D

This is exactly what I wrote.

I will be traveling to Shanghai to meet my fiancee before coming to Guangzhou for her interview.In the interest of saving time, is it possible to pay the visa fees at CITIC INDUSTRIAL BANK BRANCHES for the K1 visa in Shanghai before traveling to Guangzhou? Or must such fees be handled only in Guangzhou? Thank you for your response.

I'm laughing because I beat you to it ! :D Sent an email after posting my thread....

Well I didn't find an e-mail address for Shanghai, so I e-mailed my favorite place. :wacko: It's late and I must get to sleep. Let's see what GZ says. Now watch, they will tell me Jen will have her interview in 2 to 3 months. :D

This is exactly what I wrote.

I will be traveling to Shanghai to meet my fiancee before coming to Guangzhou for her interview.In the interest of saving time, is it possible to pay the visa fees at CITIC INDUSTRIAL BANK BRANCHES for the K1 visa in Shanghai before traveling to Guangzhou? Or must such fees be handled only in Guangzhou? Thank you for your response.

I decided to get even easier. I asked if the visa payment was required prior to the medical exam... But did reference wanting to do the exam in BJ...

Here is what I found at the SH Consulate:

"The Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Shanghai processes only nonimmigrant visas for travel to the United States. For information on immigrant or fiancee/fiance visas, please contact the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou via e-mail at GuangzhouIV@state.gov. "

All Roads lead to GUZ !!

I find the wording of "visas for travel" interesting.. I wondered why I did not see K# visas sometimes in a list of visa types.. they are separating NIVs into these two classes...

I just got home and had my response,

Dear Mr. #########,

Please be advised that the applicants can only pay the fee at the banks

indicated on the instruction. :greenblob: Guess I'll have to wait and talk to Jen or see the instructions for myself in 10 days. I found a bank listing even in Kunshan on the Shanghai website list, but it doesn't say if the accept the K visa fees.

At least they didn't say Jen's interview would be scheduled in 2 to 3 months. :greenblob:

We would like to get the medical done in Beijing, then pay the interview fee in Guangzhou. I have looked at this carefully, there seems to be some cross communication between the K and CR Visa variants. Ihave found no requirement that the fee receipt needs to be in the medical package. Maybve this is just some hel;p to make sure it is not lost ???

I think we had a few K-1 folks that were planning to have medical in Beijing, but have not seen any report from them.

This fee is required, is there some difference between stuffing it in the medical package and presenting it with the medical package ? When is the medical package opened ? Why would anyone trust that the fee receipt was in the package ?

I am going to check this out in a few weeks when I am in Beijing. Our plan for now is to that the medical exam in Beijing before we go to GUZ, pay the fee in GIZ and go to interview.

Dear Mr. #########,

indicated on the instruction.  :blink: Guess I'll have to wait and talk to Jen or see the instructions for myself in 10 days. I found a bank listing even in Kunshan on the Shanghai website list, but it doesn't say if the accept the K visa fees.

At least they didn't say Jen's interview would be scheduled in 2 to 3 months. :rolleyes:

I got a completely unanswered email.. "she will get the notification and then can go to the exam"... ignored my question in the first place..

It is apparent that this has become our issue to resolves.. I have also looked at the consulate page for some insight and back door !!

The IV fee comments that if it was not paid, it can be done at the consulate !!!!! That assumes no fee was paid prior to an exam... but this is CR1. I would like to extend this to a K1, but rationality gets the best of me....

Dear Mr. #########,

indicated on the instruction.  :lol: Guess I'll have to wait and talk to Jen or see the instructions for myself in 10 days. I found a bank listing even in Kunshan on the Shanghai website list, but it doesn't say if the accept the K visa fees.

At least they didn't say Jen's interview would be scheduled in 2 to 3 months. :ph34r:

I got a completely unanswered email.. "she will get the notification and then can go to the exam"... ignored my question in the first place..

Welcome to the world of GZ e-mail. Guess they couldn't give me that since Jen is already scheduled for an interview. Is it possible that the P3 list is incomplete that is linked here? That's the one I looked at and like I said it seems very regional. I can't imagine large cities would not be able to handle it unless they are trying to funnel things toward GZ.

You guys that are at the end - go back and look at the current OF-171 and tell us what's listed. I say this because the GZ website says to bring those documents listed in the OF-171 to the medical. Is the visa fee receipt one of the listed documents? If so, then it seems you need it at the time of the medical.