Confidence for Interview

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree confidence is good. Attire is another very subjective matter. Ying's from the countryside, she dresses smartly and economically.

I just think we and our SO's should be true to our stituation. However well intentioned, I think the suggestion to send some $$ for a outfit is not approriate or well considered. (Your suggestiion has several very negative connotations - think about it)

I agree confidence is good.  Attire is another very subjective matter. Ying's from the countryside, she dresses smartly and economically.

I just think we and our SO's should be true to our stituation. However well intentioned, I think the suggestion to send some $$ for a outfit is not approriate or well considered.  (Your suggestiion has several very negative connotations - think about it)

Ed.. good point... even a countryside woman will have something in the wardrope slightly nicer dress than everyday dress. So nothing wrong with wearing the slighter nicer. Even if a one piece, white which is common. It looks clean and fits to Guangzhou weather right now.

I agree confidence is good.  Attire is another very subjective matter. Ying's from the countryside, she dresses smartly and economically.

I just think we and our SO's should be true to our stituation.   However well intentioned, I think the suggestion to send some $$ for a outfit is not approriate or well considered.  (Your suggestiion has several very negative connotations - think about it)

I apologize, and do not mean anything negative toward any of our CFL SOs.

Yes, there may be many negative connotations...but did my statement bring that about? Is it not a reflection of culture in the US? (of which our VOs are citizens?)

I made this statement to help out CFL members and their SOs. It was not a classist, or racist statement. But, it may actually reflect the reality of the situation if our VOs, in fact, do take appearance into consideration.

I may have made some uninformed, even stupid, statements on this board...but NONE of them have been made with bad intentions.

Better look in the eyes when talking to the VO.

Some recommend the SO to be the first to say "good afternoon".. taking the lead in a sense of the interview...

Very good point.

Wei was kicking herself for forgetting to say "Happy Easter" at the end of hers...but she was well prepared for the rest.

I agree confidence is good.  Attire is another very subjective matter. Ying's from the countryside, she dresses smartly and economically.

I just think we and our SO's should be true to our stituation.   However well intentioned, I think the suggestion to send some $$ for a outfit is not approriate or well considered.  (Your suggestiion has several very negative connotations - think about it)

I apologize, and do not mean anything negative toward any of our CFL SOs.

Yes, there may be many negative connotations...but did my statement bring that about? Is it not a reflection of culture in the US? (of which our VOs are citizens?)

I made this statement to help out CFL members and their SOs. It was not a classist, or racist statement. But, it may actually reflect the reality of the situation if our VOs, in fact, do take appearance into consideration.

I may have made some uninformed, even stupid, statements on this board...but NONE of them have been made with bad intentions.

Keith.. we're all wandering through this process and offering our thoughts.. yours are taken as trying to be as equally helpful.. we all have a different angle to share... that's what makes the board so irreplaceable for information...

Maybe I read this wrong but I thought it simply referrred to being misinterpreted as being critical of the SO's clothing by the SO. Could lead to a mop slap. I don't think Ping would would argue about being told to go out and get a new outfit though. :blush: But as much as she likes to shop she also isn't wasteful. Others have also mentioned this endearing quality of Chinese women :( .

I have noticed that intentions have been misconstrued by interpretation on the board. We do come from different up bringings and are individuals. No reason to jump to conclusions though.

Even those who have been the center of contention at times on the board, I believe have made their comments with good intentions.

Even innocent comments can be taken wrong when nerves are on edge. This process does that. Some of us have different ways of dealing with and expressing it.

I haven't met anyone here that hasn't posted with the hope of making this process easier on themselves and others.

Even if they can't resist rubbing a little salt on the wound at times :D

it think this is a great thread, probably more useful for my SO than for me. i am definitely going to prep her confidence... and make sure to she says "Good Morning" ... (thanks for mentioning that david)

i tend to be rather calm about everything. i know our relationship is true, and i tend to think so everybody else who see/hears us must think so too... including the VOs. if we get denied our whatever, i will honestly just fall back and sulk in disbelief. i will not comprehend it AT ALL.

i guess maybe i am over-confident to a point where i don't think we will fail. is there anybody else out there like me?

it think this is a great thread, probably more useful for my SO than for me. i am definitely going to prep her confidence... and make sure to she says "Good Morning" ... (thanks for mentioning that david)

i tend to be rather calm about everything. i know our relationship is true, and i tend to think so everybody else who see/hears us must think so too... including the VOs. if we get denied our whatever, i will honestly just fall back and sulk in disbelief. i will not comprehend it AT ALL.

i guess maybe i am over-confident to a point where i don't think we will fail. is there anybody else out there like me?

I think many of us have been to that point, Ryan..."what else can I do?"

Now that my Wei has the visa...I'm more concerned about when i will get my 4th blue thingy.

I'm glad I kinda stuck my neck out on this thread. Sure, some may disagree with me, but if Wei and My situation can help anyone out, I'm happy to oblige.