Dear xxxxxx:

Based on our current appointment schedule, xxx's interview may not take place for several months. Approximately, one month before her scheduled appointment, we will send her an appointment letter with forms and preparation instructions.

Dear xxxxxxx:

Due to the high volume of interview we need to schedule, your interview

hasn't been scheduled yet. You are advised to check the case status again

if you still haven't received an appointment package after a couple of

months. When your fiance receive her appointment packet in the future, she will be very clear on how to prepare the documents for the interview.

Can you guys help me to understand my situations based on the above emails. Thanks!!!

Well, yeah it means wait. However, the length of your wait depends on when your P3 was entered into their computers and your name check was completed. They may send the same canned message to everyone.... So "several months" can actually be as short as two months. It all depends on the P3 date.

Guest blsqueaky

I receivd this email today from GZ regarding some questions that I asked regarding my IR-1, and this is the reply that I got back from them. It seems to me that they are reading the emails, becuase this does not sound like a canned reply:

Dear Mark Heckman:

We still haven't received your physical file. It may be on the way to

Guangzhou post. Please be sure that we will contact you to process your case

when we received it.

We will see if they contact me. The major question that I had was that NVC forwarded to GZ as a CR-1, not IR-1, so I asked GZ if they will change the status. We will see

Guest blsqueaky
From reading this thread, I can clearly see that the GZ email responses haven't changed much since 2002. :D  :D

Mick, this is the first time that I emailed them, and they actually called me by a name and said that they will contact me

Before the CFL disaster, I had bumped up a similar thread I was running a few weeks ago on this same subject. I have been less than satisfied with GZ e-mail responses. I've let it go since DOS gave me my wonderful news.

from my experience you need to be careful with DOS too.

my SO had received her p4, and we had only a two week notice for our interview. just to double check, i called DOS the next day to confirm the interview date. As soon as i got someone on the line, the first things she told me about my case was that "we are not yet able to schedule an interview. it will take few months."

What???

i said that cannot be right. she said "yes, it is". Then i said the my SO just got p4, and i wanted to just want to confirm our interview date so i called you guys. at that point she said no again! she said "all i can see is that she was denied her visa on.... hmm, just a minute... oh, wait, that's was for a tourist visa..."

all i can say was this lady at DOS was totally confused. my SO had applied for a tourist visa the year before (before we knew it was impossible.), but why was that the first thing she saw about our case??? She eventually found the info about our interview, but not until she messed around on her computer for a while.

so, in the end take anything GZ or DOS says like a grain of sale. Don't feel bad to bug them either! I never was able to get any info from DOS about P3 or our name check, but maybe it's just cause i didn't push them to do a little searching.

Before the CFL disaster, I had bumped up a similar thread I was running a few weeks ago on this same subject. I have been less than satisfied with GZ e-mail responses. I've let it go since DOS gave me my wonderful news.

too bad we learn all our lessons a little late ! <_<

Until I hear of others actually getting actual responses from GZ, I will not change my feelings toward GZ. <_< They didn't improve my mood, but rather DOS did. Seems funny to me that I would get a typical canned response a mear 48 hours before issuing the letter. maybe in the future, others will get legit responses but somehow I doubt it. if any lesson was learned, it was not to trust the responses. They are not puting any effort into it.

too bad we learn all our lessons a little late ! <_<

Until I hear of others actually getting actual responses from GZ, I will not change my feelings toward GZ. <_< They didn't improve my mood, but rather DOS did. Seems funny to me that I would get a typical canned response a mear 48 hours before issuing the letter. maybe in the future, others will get legit responses but somehow I doubt it. if any lesson was learned, it was not to trust the responses. They are not puting any effort into it.

well, I still believe there is some small lesson in 'letting it go'... the average application is going to flow through the process as it is expected to and no amount of calling or emails makes the average one go any faster. I've sent GUZ one email and called DOS once.... and only sent the email since some feel that it looks good to get one into their system. And DOS confirmed seeing the email.

I agree with David, here. To have one consulate in a country of over a billion people, I'm sure they get a million queries a day about "where is my case?" "can you move faster?"

We got great responses from GZ when we queried them for clarification...but I'm positive it didn't move things along any quicker.

My point is only that if they are recieving so many requests daily, then that part of the system needs improving. Every time I would e-mail them, I'd get an acknowledgement right away, and a response within a few hours. They tell you it could take up to 7 days to respond so then take the 7 days and give me a real answer. Or, heaven forbid they could just say that requests exceed thier capacity and make responses even later. Calling DOS was the same way. If I call in the morning, and have no hold time at all, they must not be that busy then.

Maybe I'm sensitive because working in a customer service based industry such things are not acceptable. I'd make customers far more angry if I were to promise things I knew could not be kept rather than give them an honest time frame for the work to be done and what to expect. Sure, I'm not sitting here cursing GZ, but just because I'm past the need for e-mailing them now, doesn't mean it should be forgotten. In other countries, DOS does use many consulates to handle immigrant cases. Then why not the most populous country on the planet?

I'm sure there is a lot that could be done to imrove the system, First they have to get past the typical government mentality of doing thing a certain way because that is just the way it is always done.

My point is only that if they are recieving so many requests daily, then that part of the system needs improving. Every time I would e-mail them, I'd get an acknowledgement right away, and a response within a few hours. They tell you it could take up to 7 days to respond so then take the 7 days and give me a real answer. Or, heaven forbid they could just say that requests exceed thier capacity and make responses even later. Calling DOS was the same way. If I call in the morning, and have no hold time at all, they must not be that busy then.

Maybe I'm sensitive because working in a customer service based industry such things are not acceptable. I'd make customers far more angry if I were to promise things I knew could not be kept rather than give them an honest time frame for the work to be done and what to expect. Sure, I'm not sitting here cursing GZ, but just because I'm past the need for e-mailing them now, doesn't mean it should be forgotten. In other countries, DOS does use many consulates to handle immigrant cases. Then why not the most populous country on the planet?

I'm sure there is a lot that could be done to imrove the system, First they have to get past the typical government mentality of doing thing a certain way because that is just the way it is always done.

I guess somethings cannot really be 'let go' :wacko: