Yao Ming in Superbowl commercial

For most of the guys who will be busy watching the big game tomorrow. You may have to explain the game to your Chinese fiancee/wife.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A guy took his girlfriend to her first football game. Afterward he asked her how she liked the game.

"I liked it, but I couldn't understand why they were killing each other for 25 cents, " she said.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, everyone kept yelling, 'Get the quarter back!'"

For most of the guys who will be busy watching the big game tomorrow.  You may have to explain the game to your Chinese fiancee/wife.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A guy took his girlfriend to her first football game. Afterward he asked her how she liked the game.

"I liked it, but I couldn't understand why they were killing each other for 25 cents, " she said.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, everyone kept yelling, 'Get the quarter back!'"

ooops.... Is it today?? What time? Not like I care mind you.

So much for my SuperBowl mood.. LOL

Kinda slipped my mind... I think in 16 years here, I only watched a Superball once ( partially )....

On the other hand, I don't watch WordCup soccer much either, except last time while I was in Japan and Korea. It was, I admit gripping, to be in the middle of the "action" But I never planned in that way... I just happened to be there..

Superbowl is on now.  CFL should be quiet for the next 3 hours.

What's a superbowl? :lol:

yes, what is it??

Frankly, a few days ago,, I was flabbergasted... floored.. I watched a "Competitive eating" documentary.... Yeah, I mean guys around the world stuffing themselves with hot dogs.. What was so sad to me is that the US contestants almost cried, loosing 2 years in a row to a 150 lbs Japanese guy... It was like <sniff> we need to bring the cup home...

Geeeeeeeeeez,,, Now I can understand bringing the Sailing America's cup home from New Zealand boys OK , but hotdogs??????????

There is something wrong with this country for sure..

I'm not kidding.. Sounded like a national mourning day...

To me, it truly sounded pathetic. The best thing was... "Yeah this is a sport.. We are athletes Nothing is more challenging.."

.I swear, I do not make that up

.. Just give me a break OK

What has this country come to when our ambition is to bring the HOTDOG cup home back from Japan...

<no comment>

Superbowl is on now.  CFL should be quiet for the next 3 hours.

What's a superbowl? :D

yes, what is it??

Frankly, a few days ago,, I was flabbergasted... floored.. I watched a "Competitive eating" documentary.... Yeah, I mean guys around the world stuffing themselves with hot dogs.. What was so sad to me is that the US contestants almost cried, loosing 2 years in a row to a 150 lbs Japanese guy... It was like <sniff> we need to bring the cup home...

Geeeeeeeeeez,,, Now I can understand bringing the Sailing America's cup home from New Zealand boys OK , but hotdogs??????????

There is something wrong with this country for sure..

I'm not kidding.. Sounded like a national mourning day...

To me, it truly sounded pathetic. The best thing was... "Yeah this is a sport.. We are athletes Nothing is more challenging.."

.I swear, I do not make that up

.. Just give me a break OK

What has this country come to when our ambition is to bring the HOTDOG cup home back from Japan...

<no comment>

The same Japanese kid was on two days ago, a show in which man vs animal. He is 132 lb and looks very fit. They said he won over $400,000 the two years competing. His competitor was a grizzley bear. The bear won. He did eat 36 hot dogs in 2 and half minutes. The bear at all the hot dogs (50). He was sad after he lost. He wanted a rematch.

TB won 48-21. It is good for the underdog team. :lol:

Guest Snowbeast

Down here in the south we have watermelon seed spittin' contests! Now what's more pathetic than that?

But when I was in Shanghai last May/June, there was plenty of watermelon available. We ate it most every day. I wonder if they have seed spittin' contests there? Somehow I doubt it.

Owen and Mick and others,

For you in China, TV shows in US are dominated with Reality show now. There is one show called "Fear Factor" in which people do stunts to win $50,000. Last week, they had a race inwhich two competitors picked up dead rats with their mouth and threw them in a basket. The person who threw in the most rats continued to the next round. They picked up about 20 dead rats. :P

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/25/...ain537964.shtml

Owen and Mick and others,

For you in China, TV shows in US are dominated with Reality show now.  There is one show called "Fear Factor" in which people do stunts to win $50,000.  Last week, they had a race inwhich two competitors picked up dead rats with their mouth and threw them in a basket.  The person who threw in the most rats continued to the next round.  They picked up about 20 dead rats.  :blink:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/25/...ain537964.shtml

OK, that settles it. I am looking for another position over here for next year.