Total Cost Will Be.....

Hey everyone! I'm new here, and for all of you who are pretty far in the process I have a question. Can anyone give me a list of what I will have to pay for before we leave China? I am in China and therefore make chinese money. It's not that much, really. So, we need to make a good plan and save. I don't want to ask my family for help. I would like to do it myself. We paid the $185 for the I-130, and I know we have to pay something over $300 on the day of my husband's interview, but what else will we have to pay during the application process? Does anyone know how much translations and notary stuff costs in China?

For the documents that need to be notarized, can the Shenyang Consulate do this?

And, one more question...sorry. I have a lot. But, my husband is a student and has no job. This won't have an influence on our application, right? Thanks for the help!

Guest Gene
And, one more question...sorry.  I have a lot.  But, my husband is a student and has no job.  This won't have an influence on our application, right?  Thanks for the help!

Welcome Aboard Katrina

There are a number of people here that have done a DCF so hopefully they will chime in. But your Husband not having a job will not affect your application. Depending on how much you make in China you might want to start lining up a co-sponser to meet the income requirements though.

Thanks Gene! I have already talked to my dad about co-sponsoring. I will go home in July for about three weeks for a visit. We will work out all the kinks then. If I go ahead and get my dad to fill out the I-864 then and we get his tax forms together, can I just bring them back to China with me and slide in the correct date when they ask for it? I'm just trying to cut corners by not having to mail things back and forth between China and the states. :D

plane tickets, 1,000,000 USD massive traveling to see SO

mental health 500,000 USD (dealing with the government)*

health 500,000 USD(dealing with the government)

cheetos 2,000,000 USD(dealing with the dovernment)

loss wages due to CFL addiction 10,000

having the imigration say Welcome to America for SO PRICELESS

*note

being crazy may not be a bad thing, look at Trigg, Dan, David, and Roger

By the time we get to the interview we will have been married almost one year or over (Jan. 10 this year). So, which would that be?

plane tickets, 1,000,000 USD massive traveling to see SO

mental health 500,000 USD (dealing with the government)*

health 500,000 USD(dealing with the government)

cheetos 2,000,000 USD(dealing with the dovernment)

And to ptcrusier, when I read posts at CFL I realize how lucky I am that I am in China with my husband. I miss home, but am happy to be here with him and not away from him. By reading here, I realize I am one of the lucky few. I thank God for that. And, oh God, please no more chinese hospitals. Refuse to go back. So, health had better hold out until I'm home for good. Mental health has been gone for a good bit of time, so no worries there. And, I haven't seen cheetos in China (do miss them though). :P

DavidZixuan,

Again forgive my ignorance, but am I a K visa?  That's for couples where one is in the U.S. and one in China, right?  I don't know what visa exactly I am, but I didn't think it was K.  Am I wrong?

sorry to overlook this. For immigrant visas, new pricing started in march...

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho....html#surcharge

Notice on Immigration Visa Surcharge

"Beginning March 8, 2005, IV applicants who have paid the current $335 IV application fee via National Visa Center, but not the new surcharge, must pay it (RMB 373.5 or $45) at post. IV applicants who haven't paid any application fee should pay a total amount of RMB 3,154 or $380, on the day of the interview."

Guest Gene

"By the time we get to the interview we will have been married almost one year or over (Jan. 10 this year).  So, which would that be? "

That would be a CR-1 you need to be married two years for an IR-1