CALIFORNIA AUGUST MEETUP

Ok fellow Californians it is official. Don is letting us appear in the Culture and Language Forum. We are moving up from the bottom in Contact List.

We will be meeting August 27 & 28 in San Luis Obispo. So far it appears we will be at the Best Western Somerset if they have enough rooms for us.

So pencil this into your sschedules and plan on doing more than lunch.

I thought I'd copy the current list here.

We should have Jason, Jim & Jennifer, Phil & Ningning, Steve & Amy and Dan & Ping

Still possible are Carl & Hongyu, Mark & Danny, Steven & Xueling and Scott & Lai.

Is there more we are missing here? I know there are others from California so shout out.

Too bad we can't search members by location. Many members don't make it down to the last forum.

I don't know too much about CA. I spent 4 months at Ft Ord doing some training-too foggy. I spent a Thanksgiving in San Hose. Somehow I ended up AWOL in 'Frisco for three weeks in late '67. Shoulda stayed AWOL. And of course back in my OTR days I drove all the scenic interstates and had three fist fight is the Ontario truckstop. Oh, and I got snowed in at Truckee.

what a great state. Snow,sand, fog, fist fights, heat, desert and four huge MPs-all in the same day.

There's no pace like home! There's no pace like home! There's no pace like home! There's no pace like home! There's no pace like home! There's no pace like home!

Oh, and I got snowed in at Truckee.

what a great state. Snow,sand, fog, fist fights, heat, desert and four huge MPs-all in the same day.

Trigg: CA does have some incredible places and scenery!

Did you know that Truckee has a law banning fast food restaurants?

Ya gotta love a state where you can snow ski in the morning and work on your tan at the beach in the late afternoon.