Guest blsqueaky

Heer is a time line that you can look at. It would also help to know where you filed, K-1, K-3. Welcome to CFL. You will find a world of knowledge and help here while you go through this process. Just watch out for the one that is called Trigg

Welcome to CFL. Unfortunately, you have asked a question that has no definite answer. I was one of the lucky ones in that NVC finished its mysterious work in about 30 days. Others have waited longer, some a lot longer, and some seem to get lost in NVC hell.

If you scan people's timelines, you can get an idea of the wait times. You are doing the right thing in calling the NVC for updates.

You didn't mention if you are K-1 or K-3 so I presume you are K-1. You probably won't recieve anything from NVC. After NOA-2 we didn't receive anything until P-3. You can call them though and get your GUZ number. I would call them once a week until you find out when it was sent to GZ. It will sit in the warehouse then for about 5 weeks. then downloaded into the system and P-3 sent out.

I did not not receive any notification about NOA2 until after I called NVC to ask what was the status of my case. Then I found out the NOA2 was about two weeks old and the package had already gone to GUZ. It was during this call that NVC agreed to send me an NOA2 letter.

Hi Tian,

welcome to CFL... could you give us your processing center, etc? You can setup a signature with your timeline info (Your control panel, edit signature).

Which visa did you file ?

Who and what number are you calling? Are you calling DOS @ 1-202-663-1225?

Assuming that it's at that point of going to GUZ, then you can periodically call DOS to see if it got entered into the computer.

Once we get your timeline info, date entered into GUZ, you can get some predictions as to when the rest of the process should occur...

Yes, I am K-1. Glad you mentioned this. Much like Jbray from April 19 my "NOA2" is not at all like the I-797, NOA 1. The 2nd form is really only a letter 'Your inquiry has been received at the... NVC. The NVC has completed processing of the visa petition you mentioned in your letter (it was a phone call) and has forwarded the petition to the US Embassy or Consulate general listed below for further processing.'

Thanks again and I'll read up on AOS now.

I did not not receive any notification about NOA2 until after I called NVC to ask what was the status of my case.  Then I found out the NOA2 was about two weeks old and the package had already gone to GUZ.  It was during this call that NVC agreed to send me an NOA2 letter.

If I'm reading your post correctly, NVC is finished with your file and has sent it to GZ. Unfortunately, you will continue to wait some more, but there is now more you can do to help pass the time. Do a search on how to track the DHL shipment. It will help the days go by. Don is right. If you're K-1, get that NOA2 and hold on to it with your life.

Yes, I am K-1.  Glad you mentioned this.  Much like Jbray from April 19 my "NOA2" is not at all like the I-797, NOA 1.  The 2nd form is really only a letter 'Your inquiry has been received at the... NVC.  The NVC has completed processing of the visa petition you mentioned in your letter (it was a phone call) and has forwarded the petition to the US Embassy or Consulate general listed below for further processing.'

NOA2 is an I-797. If you don't have it, contact the mis-info line and let them know. With luck, they will send one free of charge.

I think the NOA2 should have come from the Service Center, not NVC. Mine did, but things may have changed in a year.

My NOA2, sent on an I-797, said something like the petition has been approved and sent to DOS's NVC for processing. I never got a letter from NVC when it was finished with its processing, and I question whether your letter from NVC constitutes the "official" approval of your I-129F petition.

Hi everyone, 

My NOV2 was approved on April 22. So for I have not received anything from NVC.  I called a couple of times and was told it was under administrative process.  I wonder how long it will take?  Thank you for all your help.  It is great site.

Tian

Tian

You are under the name checking process now, it takes 10days to 3 months roughly speaking. Could be longer.

Yes, I am K-1.  Glad you mentioned this.  Much like Jbray from April 19 my "NOA2" is not at all like the I-797, NOA 1.  The 2nd form is really only a letter 'Your inquiry has been received at the... NVC.  The NVC has completed processing of the visa petition you mentioned in your letter (it was a phone call) and has forwarded the petition to the US Embassy or Consulate general listed below for further processing.'

So this was just a form letter.. did it have the name of your fiance, the INS receipt number (starts with EAC) and the Case number (starts with GUZ) ?

If yes, this was probably just the notification letter to say the applications is moving on to the next step at GUZ.

You'll need to request a copy of the I-797 Notice of Action (NOA2)...

Maybe I'll still call, but the original I-797 Notice of Action from USCIS says "...NVC now processes all approved fiance(e) petitions. The NVC processing should be complete within two to four weeks... You will receive notification by mail... The notification letter.... If it has been more than four weeks since you received this approval.... please call NVC at (603) 334-0700.

Question for other 2005 K-1's- Do you have an I-797 NOA regarding petition forwarding from NVC to the Consulate or only a form letter?