All about Ginseng

"Wisconsin American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) is the BEST and WILD is the best of the best - leap years ahead of the rest."

Maybe we should go to wisconsin and pick some. The new "American Gold". I don't feel anything different after drinking American Ginseng.

I guess I should have put this here

If you visit L.A. pick some up from one of the little herb shops or scoop it from bins at the Wisconsin Ginseng store.

Here is info:

http://www.ginsengboard.com/ All you ever wanted to know about Ginseng

http://www.wisfinest.com/ get a real American ptoduct "Ginseng chew" and kick tobacco.

http://www.hsuginseng.com/ try the honeied slices, yum

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/afcm/ginseng.html interested in growing ginseng?

http://feingold.senate.gov/~feingold/speec...2004527724.html Congress must protect the Wisconsin ginseng!

Buy the roots and make your own elixer home brew

Personally, I find American ginseng to be of inferior quality and potency to Korean ginseng and that grown in North East China. I suspect, however, it is just a matter of taste.

I rarely buy American ginseng, but many folks living in China have requested it as a gift whenever we return.

so where can you find this " Gold  "????

Ya gotta get out in the hollars where it is shady and damp. Look near poplar trees. In the fall TN 'sang has little red berries. Caution, if it has a five fingered leaf and can be smoked-it ain't 'sang, but it'll perk up your day-i think it will-seems my memory is going. Hhahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahha-anyone got a spare sandwich??

Personally, I find American ginseng to be of inferior quality and potency to Korean ginseng and that grown in North East China. I suspect, however, it is just a matter of taste.

I rarely buy American ginseng, but many folks living in China have requested it as a gift whenever we return.

"PEOPLE WITH HEART CONDITIONS SHOULD NOT TAKE GINSENG !"

-- especially Korean kind

"PEOPLE WITH HEART CONDITIONS SHOULD NOT TAKE GINSENG !"

-- especially Korean kind

Oh Oh, my wife has requested that I bring some American gingseng on my next trip as a gift for her family. However, I know her parents are overweight, have high blood pressure and my guess heart disease. Is this a bad idea to bring this as a gift?

Korean ginseng is totally different from American ginseng. Korean genseng is somewhat like Chinese ginseng, it helps to strengthen the internal heat of body, however, American ginseng helps to weaken the internal heat. Korean ginseng is very very very strong, if taken too much, it could cause the bleeding in the nose, casue too much heat in the body. Not everybody can take that. I think it also called 'red ginseng'. I wont recommend that for young people, same as Chinese ginseng, they are good for sick people and aged people. As for American ginseng, it is much more mild and not that strong so thats why preferred by normal people, just for the purpose of strengthen the body system.

Remember, when you are sick, you can never take Korean or Chinese ginseng, they have a function that will strengthen your body when you are healthy, but will worsen it when you are sick. As far as I know, American ginseng dont have that nature.

Even though American ginseng is not popular in the States, but it is indeed a very good gift for a Chinese family, esp. for the older generation. The Hsuginseng is expensive, but their ginseng is very good quality(according to my daddy), you can buy their ginseng from the websit.

Guest blsqueaky

My wife is always sending american ginseng home to the family. She buys it from a chinese store in Maryland. The web site is www.chinastore.com

Wait, I just said she buys it, ohhh how dumb of me

The red ginseng is a heat not for people with high blood pressure, heart problems or liver dysfunction and never during fever. White ginseng (Bai Ren Shen) is balancing and cooling. The two have different purposes. At a natural healing resort white ginseng served with bok choy was a special dish for over all health.

Tian Ma or gastrodia rhizome and horsechestnut are herbs used for high blood pressure. They dilate the the vessels while taking pressure off the heart.

American dietary supplements and herb capsules are very much appreciated in China.