How can I get a visa?

I use the card to call usa. It is not expensive., like one yuan a minute. If you buy a card of 100 yuan, it will still be cheaper. You can get it with 30 yuan and still calling 50 minutes to the states. Then it will be one yuan for nearlly two minutes.

lg

prepaid phone card usually don't work as evidence. It is better if you have a printed record of the phone calls. Some people have found ways of doing this without spending much money so it is possible. Yunhe and I have not been able to establish regular times to talk by phone, but other forms of communication also work as evidence.

I just got this point... If she calls him, he cannot really print out anything.. you do not print 'incoming calls' on a phone, right ? Althought cell phones show incoming calls to print out. And the computer has it..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lilac6451

I have a friend who went to visit usa two years ago. She got the visitor's visa in two months. Because she has been to the states before.

I have a friend who went to visit usa two years ago. She got the visitor's visa in two months. Because she has been to the states before.

Further to this info, I have 3 colleagues who used to visit the States and they were/are single, but they all managed to get the B2:

First colleague, he's a manager in our office and makes nearly 20kRMB a month, and the first time he visited the States he was working for NIKE.

Second colleague, she was working at the visa section of the Brit Consulate, and one of the Brit consuls wrote a recommendation letter for her. She's from a well-off family.

Third colleague, she was studying in Switzerland when she applied for the visa to the States in Geneva, and she's from a very well-off family.

Money always counts. Part of the unfortunate fact of life.

It is easy for many to get a visa for purposes other than visiting. It is very hard for single women to get visas to visit their boyfriend. Part of this comes from a few years back many Russian ladies bypassed the K route by get the visitor visa, coming to the US for a visit, overstaying the visa and getting married. Sometimes to the person they visited and some times not. Once bitten twice shy.

This link, form an immigration attorney, talks about how US law requires all consular officers to view all applicants. It gives you some insight as to what will need to overcome to acquire a visitors visa.

http://www.visa2003.com/visa/denial.htm

Wow, maybe the best idea is let him come live in China.

lg

If you want to apply for the tourist visa, you should lodge your application before your K1/k3. Otherwise, you are unlikely to be issued the B2, because K visas and B2 are contradictory in some aspect.

His coming to China is much easier than your going to the States.

lg

If you want to apply for the tourist visa, you should lodge your application before your K1/k3. Otherwise, you are unlikely to be issued the B2, because K visas and B2 are contradictory in some aspect.

His coming to China is much easier than your going to the States.

I can add a bit to that. The "contradiction" between the B2 and K visas comes in the "intent to immigrate" to the US. If there's an active K application on file, which is (ultimately) to immigrate, the B application sends a mixed signal, with only a 'visitor' purpose. Same thing goes for "visitor" type visas when one has an outstanding employment-based visa application out there...or so I'm told.

lg

If he comes to live in China, and I assume for the purpose to be together while you wait out a visa, you'll have to just make sure that he will be able to meet the minimum financial guidelines... although if he does not, a co-sponsor is required which is not a difficulty if family will do it... just adds another issues to take care of.

By the time of his interview, you will have gotten from him his past income tax, a special form for support, and a letter from his employer. All of these are expected to be dated about six months from the interview.

Hi David

What is the minimum financial guildline?

Thanks

lg

FY 2005

Sponsors Household size - 125% of poverty line

2 - $16037

3 - $21112

4 - $24187

and so forth..... Hawaii and Alaska are more.

HOW CAN I ENSURE I MEET THE FINANCIAL SUPPORT REQUIREMENTS?

The 2005 poverty guidelines.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-864P.htm

Affidavit of Support: I-134 & I-864

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=support

I-864 Fact Sheet:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/fa...eets/affaqa.htm

1-864 Check List:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in.../info_1329.html

I-864 FAQ:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in.../info_1328.html

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your replies. I have got some idea of it now. I know it will not be easy. It seems that K1 is the better one, because it takes a shorter time, K3 is longer,right? And I have all the favourable conditions:  I went out of china once, I have a good job in china, and also I have money in bank. So will that be easy for me to get a K1? Do I have to go to Guanzhou to get a K1? What is an immigration propose?_ I guess it is for people getting married in china? If we want to file as a fiance, what do we need to prepare?

Again, what is your purpose of getting the visa:

If you want a tourist visa, we are usually looking at a bank roll deposit of 100 wan or more, which could also include a home. When traveling out of china, they are looking for visas generally to the EU states, Canada, the US, or the Japan. Often times visas to other countries do not help as much, or at all.

If you want to immigrate, then that is a different story. Your wealth will not factor in much anymore (other than surviving the tough process). The two of you will have to prove that you want to live together, forever, and that your only reason for going to the US is to want to live with him.

Good Luck!

lg

This is something we are thinking of anyway in the future, after we are both done with school!

The food in China is MUCH better. The opportunities for business in China are MUCH better. After the recent racially based assault, and a few other incidents not posted on the site here yet (since we are still recovering), she is eager to leave, but knows that until I can leave, that we must stick together. It has been very tough here.

We are looking everywhere in the world, just so long as we are together, that is the important thing. And if you two feel that way, then you will survive and flourish!

Enjoy your time together...