I can't believe I just did a sheep/goat thing...  <_<

Yes and after I resisted it so well...... I don't think we've giotten this kicked to the other room yet.

Please all who post after, the LL is getting so full. Please refrain from degenerating this lofty discussion of to chopstick or not to chopstick.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I just did a sheep/goat thing...     <_<

Yes and after I resisted it so well...... I don't think we've giotten this kicked to the other room yet.

Please all who post after, the LL is getting so full. Please refrain from degenerating this lofty discussion of to chopstick or not to chopstick.

How about the invention of chopsticks.. who would of thought?

Ooops ..... hope that doesn't cause this thread to degenerate towards the LL.

We can get it back on topic if we can poll some sheep on their use of chopsticks...

Poll = To cut off the horns of (bovine[includes sheep]). THey might not be happy with your choice of words. <_<

The bone thing is a huge issue here ....

Fei's cooking is very traditional So.CH ---- with a Hunan kicker...

...so bone in the food is expected... My Chinese daughters do much better than I do on this issue ---- I don't really feel comfortable sorting through fish (or chicken) in my mouth to seperate bone.

And like most westerners, do't like to spit it out in front of company..

Fei, however, will take the head of the fish and basicly suck everything from it: eyes, skin, brains, etc... no problem.....

The bone thing is a huge issue here ....

Fei's cooking is very traditional So.CH ----  with a Hunan kicker...

...so bone in the food is expected...  My Chinese daughters do much better than I do on this issue ----  I don't really feel comfortable sorting through fish (or chicken) in my mouth to seperate bone. 

And like most westerners, do't like to spit it out in front of company..   

Fei, however, will take the head of the fish and basicly suck everything from it:  eyes, skin, brains, etc...  no problem.....

This is a really good point.. that bones are expected !! So much for our western fillet!! I said it before, everything they do is 'work'...

Take a lesson from history: When in Rome, do as the Romans.. I was spitting out bones with the best of them... Bones are expected and spitting as well... No bones about it ! <_<

Frankly, the chopstick should go down in history as one of the simplest and most effective utensils ever...

I must disagree. The tool used after using chopsticks is more effective and simpler. It also kills fewer trees to produce the same quantity.

Care to hazard a guess?

I learned chop stick working with Asians in Silicon Valley. I don't use regularly except when eating Chinese food. It really impressed Jen and her family that I could. My true test was eating a fried egg with them. <_<

I tell my friends that to be a true Californian, you must be able to eat using chop sticks, and eat a burrito without spilling the contents. :P

This is a really good point.. that bones are expected !! So much for our western fillet!!    I said it before, everything they do is 'work'... 

Take a lesson from history:  When in Rome, do as the Romans.. I was spitting out bones with the best of them...      Bones are expected and spitting as well...  No bones about it ! :D

Diner beware! :P Boneless fish and chicken by law may contain soft bone. This is because it is not reasonable to expect complete removal. <_<

Frankly, the chopstick should go down in history as one of the simplest and most effective utensils ever...

I must disagree. The tool used after using chopsticks is more effective and simpler. It also kills fewer trees to produce the same quantity.

Care to hazard a guess?

um... can't be the soup spoon.. this is unnecessary. I never used the soup spoon when one can drink from the bowl.

The bowl is really the only necessary item to eat...

but you'll have to say.

This is a really good point.. that bones are expected !!   So much for our western fillet!!    I said it before, everything they do is 'work'...  

Take a lesson from history:  When in Rome, do as the Romans..   I was spitting out bones with the best of them...      Bones are expected and spitting as well...  No bones about it !   :D

Diner beware! :D Boneless fish and chicken by law may contain soft bone. This is because it is not reasonable to expect complete removal. <_<

I've had about three times of eating fish fillet from McDonalds and there were bones.. Of course, I discovered this too late in the swallow... :P

I learned chop stick working with Asians in Silicon Valley. I don't use regularly except when eating Chinese food. It really impressed Jen and her family that I could. My true test was eating a fried egg with them. <_<

I tell my friends that to be a true Californian, you must be able to eat using chop sticks, and eat a burrito without spilling the contents. :D

Now we're getting interesting to mix cultures and culinary utensils...

Actually sometime as big and round as a burrito should be all that much of a problem.. work up one side and get your mouth into it..

Eating scrambled eggs is great practice ! But your burritos sounds nice ! :P