Showing EFFORT in the relationship

Guest blsqueaky
I agree with everything everyone else said but the problem with some of the suggestions on showing effort is getting the VO to actually look at it.  Multiple trips to China is probably your best bet.  When my wife got her blue slip we had tons of evidence of relationship but the VO refused to look at any of it.  Her entire interview was about 2 minutes long.  Another arguement that the decision is made before hand without all the evidence presented.

Carl, I agree here. They know what is going to happen before our So even walks in the door, like look at your case, all of a sudden, a video. I just wish that I could find a rhyme or reason as to how they bse there decisions. I know that some of it has to do with a persons job,

And everything that I have read here on CFL lately, every ones case is starting to be different, including the questions that are asked, what they have to provide. Right now I am not even sure regarding our IR-1, the shot records

I would recommend going to the consulate and registering when you are in China (or do it on line before your trip if you are going to a city without a US consulate).

I would also recommend sending at least 2 or 3 e-mails to GZ to see if they have received the P3 and if the interview is scheduled yet. This shows active participation on your part.

As for paper evidence of letters, chats and e-mails, I would recommend having them also, even though our VO looked at one line from the top page and had Amy tell him what it said and what it meant- this was out of a half a ream of paper!!!

But as they say, better to be over prepared than sorry!!!! :o

I agree with everything everyone else said but the problem with some of the suggestions on showing effort is getting the VO to actually look at it.  Multiple trips to China is probably your best bet.  When my wife got her blue slip we had tons of evidence of relationship but the VO refused to look at any of it.  Her entire interview was about 2 minutes long.  Another arguement that the decision is made before hand without all the evidence presented.

your point is what we're trying to deal with on a certain level.. in the absence of visits, what can be done.

It would seem that a VO most likely reviews their interviews after their turned in the morning.. if they are looking at them, say the day before, it could be a waste in case someone does not show up or forgot something...

So whatever it is they can 'look at' as part of the package is prior to the interview.

Prior to the interview, I don't think they can know:

1) if the beneficiary speaks english yet

2) iif the petitioner is there, unless they went to the American Citizen's hour to sign in...

So the first minute of the interview the VO finds out these two items...

They're never going to see all the evidence... but without knowing what they will ask for, all of it is hopefully available...

I don't think they decide beforehand the slip, I think they might decide what is lacking...

And everything that I have read here on CFL lately, every ones case is starting to be different, including the questions that are asked, what they have to provide. Right now I am not even sure regarding our IR-1, the shot records

Since the VOs rotate, this is going to make some differences over time...

Also, one person recently reported being asked for the 'employment letter' and stated that it was maybe the 'document of the week', since other beneficiaries also said (that same day) this document was requested...

So, maybe not as haphazard as we think...