Guangzhou processing faster now?

I looked back for the Interview totals that get posted by month.. although could only find it for first three months....

Total Interviews----P3 to Interview---P3 to P4---P4 to Interview

January---32-------------174----------136----------40

February--9--------------161----------119----------42

March-----23-------------171----------127----------44

I took a look at the next three months of "Upcoming Interviews" to see how they compare, as a trend to the previous three months...

There seems to be a small trend for P3-P4 getting a little faster, but the population I'm working with might not be enough to make it accurate... And the P4-Interview seemed the same..

We should await for data from nooneufo...

This same discussion is repeated every month as people await their P4's. Sadly, there is really no way to tell because GUZ keeps changing the game.

In January of 04, processing times from P3 to P4 were roughly 69 days. Then things really slowed down around July to almost 176 days when GUZ introduced the whole biometrics thing.

Now consulate services will be moving. Perhaps the new building will facilitate more employees and move the process faster... then again, the whole move could slow things down. At this point, it's anyone's guess.

Perhaps the best way to find out is to have someone bring up the question at the next U.S. Citizen's hour, which is hosted at GUZ on Thursdays at 3pm.

In the meantime, get a cheap phone card and talk to your fiance each day. Send her an occasional gift or flowers... there are several good online services that deliver to China. If you both have DSL, you can see each other with the webcam. Then visit as frequently as possible.

Hopefully, this crazy rollercoaster ride will settle soon. Best of luck.

In my latest phone call to DOS, I was told that the GZ consulate is moving the IV unit to the new building so they will have more windows for more VOs. Hopefully, in the long run, this will speed the P4-Interview process as more interviews can be scheduled. That's the theory, anyways.

Also, to my surprise, GZ does seem to pay some attention to name checks. I emailed GZ twice - once in March and again in April. According to DOS records, GZ sent two inquiries about our name check status, one in March and another in April.

They're overloaded and poorly organized, but they seem to be trying to move things along.

I looked back for the Interview totals that get posted by month.. although could only find it for first three months....

Our P3 to P4 now stands (by the most generous calculation) at 180 days and counting.

Apologies for screwing up the curve!

This same discussion is repeated every month as people await their P4's.  Sadly, there is really no way to tell because GUZ keeps changing the game. 

In January of 04, processing times from P3 to P4 were roughly 69 days.  Then things really slowed down around July to almost 176 days when GUZ introduced the whole biometrics thing.

Now consulate services will be moving. Perhaps the new building will facilitate more employees and move the process faster... then again, the whole move could slow things down.  At this point, it's anyone's guess.

Perhaps the best way to find out is to have someone bring up the question at the next U.S. Citizen's hour, which is hosted at GUZ on Thursdays at 3pm.

In the meantime, get a cheap phone card and talk to your fiance each day.  Send her an occasional gift or flowers... there are several good online services that deliver to China.  If you both have DSL, you can see each other with the webcam.  Then visit as frequently as possible.

Hopefully, this crazy rollercoaster ride will settle soon.  Best of luck.

I completely agree... Let's not let 'rumors' get us chasing any new direction the wind happens to blow.

Let's keep to the business at hand... the things we are sure of and know we have to do, for our own emotional stability and that of our SOs...

Let the consulate do what they hope to accomplish with the move, some small hope for a better tomorrow is always good, but the fact is to live in today.

Our best info will be from those going to interviews. Let's wait for word from our troops at the front line !!

Our P3 to P4 now stands (by the most generous calculation) at 180 days and counting.

Apologies for screwing up the curve!

Hey, your K1 is over a year and no P4. there's no need to apologize. I feel sorry for what's going on...

But these numbers are truly an average since it mixes all the visa types... It might be interesting to see it by Visa type.

Once the application gets to Guangzhou, I have a feeling the visa type does not really affect the data on wait time. The slowdown for non K1 visas occur before they arrive at the embassy. I think that after the applications arrive at the embassy, all the applications are processed and the time frames are similar. The current pool of applicants by visa type is too small for any statistically significant difference between them.

Once the application gets to Guangzhou, I have a feeling the visa type does not really affect the data on wait time. The slowdown for non K1 visas occur before they arrive at the embassy. I think that after the applications arrive at the embassy, all the applications are processed and the time frames are similar. The current pool of applicants by visa type is too small for any statistically significant difference between them.

Actually, maybe a good question for the American Citizen Hour.. would be nice to know if everyone gets to an equal field once at GUZ...